Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey, Will a 78 truck Windshield fit a 1981 Blazer???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by staceydude, Jul 27, 2004.

1. staceydude

staceydude Registered Member

Hey, Will a 78 truck Windshield fit a 1981 Blazer???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or will any truck windshield fit a 1981 Blazer???

Sorry for the dumb questions but I am an admited newb.

Regards,

Stacey

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm gonna have to say yes.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If i'm not mistaken all 73-87 truck and 73-91 blazers and suburban are all the same with the exception of antenna or not in the windshield. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. staceydude

staceydude Registered Member

Ahhh,

Yes, I have been told they are all interchangeable.

Excellent.

Thanks All.

Stacey

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

First off I will chime in on saying that they are tyhe same windshield. But, when I had a windshield put in my blazer, the shop that did it charged my wife $25 more than my truck (76 truck, 77 blazer) that I had done only 2 months before, citing that "they are not the same windshileds." I called BS, but it was still the best price in town and I didn't want to deal with a hassle over $25.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    First off I will chime in on saying that they are tyhe same windshield. But, when I had a windshield put in my blazer, the shop that did it charged my wife $25 more than my truck (76 truck, 77 blazer) that I had done only 2 months before, citing that "they are not the same windshileds." I called BS, but it was still the best price in town and I didn't want to deal with a hassle over $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be due to the blue sun-block stripe across the top and/or the built-in antenna; I seem to recall that when I had my Blazer done it cost me slightly more for having the UV-blocker and the antenna (to the tune of about $25 or so, even!)

-- A

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

73-87 conventional cabs, and k5s and burbs all same glass for doors and fronts 30 series and under down to 5 series

but 40-60 series trucks have same size and shape however

and yeah glass palces are picky and consider one with not same radio antenna setup or stripe or no stripe as being a different windshield

it is hard to get a glass place to say whether glass is the same just in regards to size and form

also note that vans are the oddball(when it comes ot glass and chassis dimansions) and are totally different in width and everything than from C/K series trucks

vans are G-series