Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Y'all, become a CA cop

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hey Y\'all, become a CA cop

Heard it first from a CHP, then confirmed it with my correctional officer buddy. CHP and CDC just got new contracts. In another 4 years, my buddy will have about 10 years in with CDC; he will be making over $8000 a MONTH!!!!!!! The same goes for CHP!!!!!!! Granted the selection process for CHP is a bunch of BS, CDC is easier to get into, imagine making that much. Me personally, I think it will hurt the state a lot since a lot of the local cops will fly off to CDC and CHP and they will have to raise their salaries to compete and guess where that raise will come from........our pockets.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Re: Hey Y\'all, become a CA cop

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That puts y'all right up there with our county cops, the highest paid in the country (maybe 2nd highest now)!

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

right on, coppers are targets nowadays, it's good that they're getting paid.
    the wife's ex is CDC, and we heard about the increase right before xmas. he hasn't been in that long, but will still be making bank. that's ok, they're in jail almost as much as the prisoners they have to watch out for. fukk that, they're targets, too.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

one thing that might stop cops from fleeing to the CHP is that the CHP doesn't take lateral transfers, every CHP Officer has to go thru the CHP acadamy, can you really see 15 year veteran cops wanting to go thru the acadamy again?? can 't see that!

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Good point, but I do see a lot of cops with let's say 5 years or less looking to CHP. Also even though one has to go through the CDC Academy, I would think a lot of cops would leave their agencies to go babysit for that type of money.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

So hows this goin?

John

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

gotta wub government jobs... there is pretty much nothing stopping the government from paying the cops $200,000 a year really. I mean seriously, all they have to do is add some more regulations....fees... taxes etc and take the money from whomever they want. When it comes time for the budget, just tell voters that if they don't support the spending, school lunch programs will shut down and there won't be any cops on the streets. Idiots fall for that same tired line EVERY time. Ahhh, what a country.

j

8. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

BS! 8K with a buch of OT maybee. CDC to my knowledge has not received a new contract.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Way to bring this back to the living...................................

As for being BS, that came straight from a buddy of mine that was working for CDC the last time I talked to him. In black and white, printed on paper. Also came from a CHP dude..........................:D

10. spoolnaround

Unless he is working 5-7 overtimes a month he is not an officer for CDC, a lieutenant or captain maybee. If he is hitting 8K a month I want to know where the rest of my check is :wink1: .

11. spoolnaround

http://www.cdc.state.ca.us/CareerOpportunities/POR/docs/CO_YCO_YCC_Bulletin.pdf

By the way, I dont know of a law enforcement agency in California who isnt having a problem finding enough qualified applicants to even apply, thats why we make this much money. The institution I work at is 60 officers short of filling all vacant positions. I know a couple of guys that should hit 125K this year (those are officers! they dont have a life outside of work but to each his own).

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

That's because of liberal douchebags who whined too much and now the hiring process for most of them suck, or they have some crackass in charge playing ethnic diversity god......................

13. SkulzNBonz

Who would want to be a cop in CA, sphincter of Western Civilization?

John

14. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Come on bubba.. wouldnt you want a four foot 9 inch ethnic female of the alternative lifestyle with a disability to be your backup??? or better yet.. your partner? or maybe be given extra points on the hiring list.. and written.. you know .. because "they" were disadvantaged growing up.. and its just not fair
    I know.. have her pass you over on the promotion list having never worked patrol.. thats a leader among men.. thats the way we do it..
    And then tell you how to work a radio car and hook and book.. and write you up for not writing 10.7 cites per shift....
    Oh I forgot.. give her an 'A' shift schedule 'caus shes got three kids in daycare... and her dog is in one of the holding cells because she can't leave him home and she knows commander so and so and he says its ok...

Is that the person were paying 8k to bubba?... money well spent Im sure

I am soooo glad Im outta the sheeit..
    I just wanna ride my motorcycle and slap momma on the rump
    whats wrong with you... you just havent attended enough diversity training yet

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: Nice....

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yup. I make it a point to spread my love between not only the Mexican population but the Guatamalan also:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hopefully nobody gets all butt hurt over that remark. Especially when my and my partner had to visit the local Mexican bar tonight and he didn't think it would be a great idea to utter a certain line from "The Rookie."

I do have to say the bartender was looking pretty good though, although I'm pretty sure she could have snorted up a 20 mile long line of coke without breaking stride:D

17. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

My bro-in-law works for CDC in S. Bay San Diego County at the prison there. Got tired of being an LPN there and went through their 4 MONTH training acadamy!!
    Got a buddy in CHP at Westminster. He's doing real good with the O.T., and being a 20 year vet with them.
    Both are paid well.

18. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

DAMN! Just realized how old this thread is :doah: :doah: !!

19. SkulzNBonz

Dredge, your welcome.

John