Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey Y'all REMFs and weekend warrior types

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hey Y\'all REMFs and weekend warrior types

Ole Bubba has an urging to know something that is just got me totally befabbled beyond all get out.................Remember, before y'all respond, primary was 19D (that's the guys that ride HMMWVs and LAVs for ya fawking jarheads) scout so y'all know where I'm coming from.......And one disclaimer, y'all fawking jarheads don't need to respond, unless you feel like mocking along with me since y'all are fawking 0300 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Why are y'all REMF's and weekend warrior types the biggest sh*t talkers in the military? Just curious.............

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Re: Hey Y\'all REMFs and weekend warrior types

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Are you talkin bout what I think ur talkin bout? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Are you talkin bout what I think ur talkin bout? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably...........Just an observation I've been noticing around the BB's these days......

Don't read any "Hey, look at me, I'm an attention whore in uniform and you shall bow down before me" posts from your fellow jarheads. Don't really see it from the squids, since correct me if I'm wrong, but 6 months on a ship with 5000 other guys really doesn't qualify as a REMF and I don't read it from my fellow Army combat arms MOS types that were on active duty. Just read it from the ones in BDU's with blue lettering on the nametapes and 4000 different patches (some people are excluded from the previous category and you know who you are) and read it from the ones who only say "Yo Joe!" 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the year......

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll make fun of you......but it will have to wait....I'm still enjoying my leave time /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Why are y'all REMF's and weekend warrior types the biggest sh*t talkers in the military? Just curious.............

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take this a step further to include a number of those who did serve active.....Special Forces Clerks, Ranger Transportation Drivers, Special Op Cooks, and other Rambo types...Cooks, Clerks, Supply and Support make up prolly 80% of any Military group....Everyone I seem to run into is some sort of Bruce Willis movie star Special Super Secret One of a KInd Unit that nobody has ever heard of....maybe I'm just cynical, but I see it as an insult to those we pay homage to at the Tomb, Arlington Cemetary, Marine Memorial, and a few friends of mine with their names onThe Wall. I'll include in this list of pukes my Brother in Law (E9 ret Nuclear Material Supply nco), and Nephew in Law (E8 Arty Training) Both of whom have never been on the pointy end of the stick, but talk more [I love Jeeps] than I've heard in a long time. Hell, the only deployment my nephew has seen was 3 yrs in Milan.

I spent my 2 tours as an 11F... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Not all of us REMFs talk sh*t. As a 02D, I sometimes wish I had at least switched MOS somewhere along the line just so I could prove to myself that I had it in me, but that's only looking back at it from ten years on. At the time, I didn't particularly care to inflict more army obstinance than I was already getting. I did, however, go to Gulf War One, and was close enough to see the flashes from the bombs at night. Picked up a couple of T72 main turret bearings as a souvenir.

So there.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    As a 02D,

[/ QUOTE ]

And that would be??????????????

Hey sapper, I would have a few choice words for ya but knowing you jarheads, you probably have some "sovenirs" you brought home and I don't need my house wrapped in det cord and a "plenty" amount of boom stuff...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

02D would be Bandsman, specifically French Horn Player.

9. sapper

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey sapper, I would have a few choice words for ya but knowing you jarheads

[/ QUOTE ]

You know we will gang up on your butt, there are alot of us here /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

10 jarheads to one scout, sounds like a fair fight to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Side Note: I really hate being in the same branch as some guy named George Armstrong Custer.............

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    02D would be Bandsman, specifically French Horn Player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I haven't heard anything back from the people that this was directed to. In fact, I didn't even recognize your name.........

French Horn Player huh? Do they even allow French Horns in the bands these days? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I'm not surprised you don't recognize the name. I've been dropping in here for about 3-4 years, but took a sabbatical last year after the Blazer I bought threw a rod on the Jersey Turnpike 20 miles after handing over the cash. DW decided she didn't want anything more to do with "old trucks" so we signed the title over to the tow company to cover the bill. (yeah, I know). When we moved to TX, I agreed to do all the heavy lifting and cleaning of the old place in return for her lifting the ban on "old trucks". So, I'm back.

And I believe they still let French Horns in the band, thought they may call them "F Horns" instead, as that is the key they play in (long, boring, involuted explanation behind that, so I won't go into it here). I was in 10 years ago, and we didn't have as much of a problem with Frogland as we do now.

13. sapper

I dont care who has something to say about this because i love military bands, hell the 2nd MARDIV band convinced me to reenlist one time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but knowing you jarheads

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, I still have my demo card, and a whole book detailing "improvised munitions" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Still, I don't know what the the hell an "REMF" is, I was just a dumb ol' 0311/0351.

John

15. sapper

Rear Echelon Mother Freaker

16. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

OK /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hell, we just lumped them all together as "admin pogues" or "jock straps"-meaning if you weren't a grunt, you were a supporter.

John

17. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    if you weren't a grunt, you were a supporter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to dissagre, I wasnt an 03 I was an 0861/2531 with F/2/14, 2nd LAI and 2/4 And I did just as much work as any grunt out there. So even though its mostly 03's there is still support assigned to the line companys /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. sapper

I know what you mean Rich, as a CE we go every where they do, carry more firepower per platoon AND have to hump all of our demo, grunts have it easy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    I know what you mean Rich, as a CE we go every where they do, carry more firepower per platoon AND have to hump all of our demo, grunts have it easy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, Lets see a grunt take his basic load and add a prc-77 (or whatever they have now) a MULE all the crypo to go with it and then 3 days woth of lithium and magnesium battries. (and dont forget the game boy and a roll of Copenhagen /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )I think I finished all our MCCREST with a Guideon in my hand a radio on my back and 1 or 2 m-16's if not a SAW pluss my TO weapon (an 870 or 9mm). Of course thats the problem when your 6'6 and the SgtMaj favorite redneck from his home town /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only hump I EVER droped from was up 9494 at MCMWTC the 2nd time I went from Hypoxia /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

20. sapper

i friggen HATE Bridge port, we went there and Norway last year and were going to do it agian this year except other businesss came up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif