Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hey you Oregon Guys.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BlazerWheels, Apr 2, 2004.

1. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Is there a valley there (Don't know the name) where it rains 300 or so days out of the year???? A friend of mine said that he was told about it, couldn't remember the name, but was interested in buying some property there. I figured if there is, you all would know. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Are you talking about the Willamette Valley?

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I know Central Oregon has 300 sunny days every year. But what you are describing sounds more like the rain forest in NW Washington state.

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Why would you want to buy property where it rains 300 days out of the year? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

are you tired of all that sun? i think there is a rain forest on the southern coast by gold beach? i can't imagine anyone from cali moving up here though /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

6. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...i can't imagine anyone from cali moving up here though /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? I swear there are more of them up here than there are us. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i just wish the Kalifornicators would stay where they belong. The 'couve was a lot cooler before those yahoos started migrating here in-masse back in the early 90s. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i just wish the Kalifornicators would stay where they belong. The 'couve was a lot cooler before those yahoos started migrating here in-masse back in the early 90s. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, considering everyone was migrating to California in the 70's and 80's who knows where the yahoos came from originally...

9. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

I've heard of this place before. It's about 15 miles West of Gearhart Or. Go North form Seaside turn right at Gearhart and go straight West. Be warned, you will get wet.... all that rain has to go somewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

mr.bill
    Socity of Native Oregon Born
    S.N.O.B. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Gearhart, OR is a small beach community. You can't go west 15 minutes from Gearhart lest you end up wet and salty. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

ALright, Like I said....it is not for me. My friend (a little on the different side) said that HE was interested. He likes the rain, likes to play/work/stand in it... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

I will ask him if any of that sounds familiar....

I like it here in Cali /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif