Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hey

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by DCDragon, Feb 28, 2002.

1. DCDragon

DCDragon Newbie

Hey
    Ok Im new to this site so i have to know this...is the 6.2 a good engine or should i look for a k5 with the 350? im planning on building up a real nice machine and diesels appeal to me for the totque, and i need to know if the 6.2 has a good amount of torque, enough to scoot me around on some big tires. thanx
    pat

2. Guest66

Guest66 Registered Member

my 6.2 works for my 33x12.5 mud terrains, plenty of spin in mud when i needed it, and 4lo is awesome for the clay stuff

If it aint a Chevy dont raise it up

3. kickinasphalt383

kickinasphalt383 1/2 ton status

my 6.2 turns 36s in the mud no problem, and on rocks any diesel kicks ass. but thats also with 4.56s... but i think i could run bigger tires also.

<font color=red>Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest</font color=red>

4. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

If you want low RPM tire churning torque, a diesel is perfect.

I love my K5 with its diesel. This is the first diesel pickup I've owned, and I can say I'll never own another non-diesel pickup. The fuel economy is incredible with my current setup, and it's got all the torque I could ever need right off of idle and into the midrange RPMs.

I'm not running anything special when it comes to suspension, gearing, or tires. I just got this truck last June, and haven't had the time or the place to really start improving it.

I've had it offroading a couple times, and was very impressed with its performance. Fuel injection means no problems with steep slopes, gobs of low end torque meant I didn't have to mash the go pedal to get out of a bind, and not having to carry extra fuel for extended trail rides is always nice.

And, when in 4Lo, the engine braking is GREAT.

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires