Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HF POS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skigirl, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Tried unsuccessfully to primer the truck today. No matter what I did to the gun, paint mix, etc. this is what I got:
    [​IMG]

Air is getting into the system where it shouldn't... and can't find it to get it to stop. All fittings have been checked (brushed soapy water at connections, no joy), etc. It's one of those Harbor Freight HVLP guns with a separate pot.

So now it's dark, lost $60 worth of primer as it's pot life is only 8 hours. Now I'll have to clean everything AGAIN and retack, after I go buy another decent gun.. HF POS. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear your having problems /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I tried to spray one of my old vehicles once. When I was done I could have saved $150 and done a better job with spray cans /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I know its frustrating but when its all done, you'll feel a lot better. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

BTW, Love the Avatar /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, Love the Avatar

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks Chuck. it's what I do.... when I'm not wasting my time out back spattering paint on everything but my truck! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well.Lesson learned. It woulda cost a lot less to pay somebody to do the paint and prep. Oh, well. Got some good stories out of it anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, Love the Avatar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Chuck. it's what I do....

[/ QUOTE ]

What...Flying off of Ski Jumps into Trees /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

J/K /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What...Flying off of Ski Jumps into Trees

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't need no stinkin jumps to fly off into trees... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Harbor Freight seems like one of those companies you've got to be real careful what you buy from if you ask me, just like JC Whitney. They've got some real crap there!!