Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dbltapp, Mar 22, 2002.

1. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

Something is not well w/ my burb! She ran fine last night, this morning i go start her, to let her warm up for 15 min, come back, put it in gear , and she feels like she is running on four cyl. I get it aroun the block, and she is buckin and lurchin. The check engine light comes on, so i shut her down, start her up again, no check engine light. She won,t idle in gear, idles rough in park. Last night was the coldest night we have had for awhile. I have a 95% full tank? Does anyone have any ideas? TIA.

2. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

ANYONE ?

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check all vacuum hoses around the carburetor.

4. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

Thanx. It's got TBI, so it shouldn't be a vacum leak? I just drove it around the block, and now i am leaking tranny fluid from my aux tranny cooler, WTF?

5. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

Anyone?

6. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You could go out and spend $30 on some fancy boy scanner, or spend 1 cent and use a paper clip.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.sportmachines.com/maintenance/aldl.html>ALDL Codes</a>

What you do is turn your ignition is off. Look for the plug for your code scanner near the parking break release. Take the paper clip and stick the ends in the two holes in the upper right corner. Turn the ignition on, but don't start it. Watch your check engine light now, it will talk to you. It will blink once, then wait, and blink two times fast. Then it will wait longer and do that again two more times. It just told you 12, it will blink each message three time. Twelve means that it is begining the diagnostic. After 12 has blinked, it will begin to blink your error codes. There's no need to do this while the check engine light comes on during the problem. Your computer is smart and will remember until you unhook the battery. Don't start the truck with the paper clip installed.

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

there are so many things it could be. check all the wires and the cap, be sure to inspect the cap for signs of a cross fire, same thing happened in my last dodge. besides that spray some starting fluid around the base of the tb if the idle raises then the fluid is getting sucked in, so you may have an intak/vacuum leak. besides that it could be the coil or the computer.

good luck
    Ryan

8. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

OK, thanx for the help, i found out why my aux tranny cooler is leaking, and it's not related, at least i don't think so. At least everything you guys are saying is less expensive then what i am thinking.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Last night was the coldest night we have had for awhile.

<hr></blockquote>
    How cold? Maybe there's a bit of water in the fuel and it froze?

Rene

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I to would do the paperclip thing and then post that code that it gives ya.( I know the codes where in the chilton for my wifes old car but not sure if they at=re in the chiltons for yours)