Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi Guys... My new ride >>>

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mattcorleone, Jul 26, 2004.

1. mattcorleone

mattcorleone Registered Member

Hey guys, after much debating and some much appreciated help from you guys I have made a purchase!! Here she is, 1984 Jimmy w/ Rebuilt 350 (not too crazy... Dart 2 Iron heads, Jet rebuilt Q-Jet, Mild Cam, Shorties, True duals no cats), Rebuilt 700R4, stock rears... open 3.73's, Rhino'd Cap, Rough Country 6" Spring lift, 35x12.5x15 TrXus MT's. Really clean truck... something to keep me out of trouble I guess!!!... although I'm sure you guys will convince me to get into some trouble anyways!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site! Nice looking rig you got there. Now it is time to become a member and start hacking the you know what out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Nice and clean , now go wheel the snot out of it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Are those really 12.5" wide? They look pretty narrow? Nonetheless sweet /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

MAn thats a nice ride! Now get rid of that 10 bolt rear. Then see what this innocent looking sight convinces you to do next. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

That's almost too clean to wheel. Okay it is too clean to wheel. At least with a 10 bolt in the back /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I've got a set of 3.73's for a 14 bolt if you find a donor and want to retain the front end till you get a Dana 60. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Looks great, real clean! I hope you don't own a /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

8. wkasak

wkasak Registered Member Premium Member

Nice... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI am assuming it's Red? or could it be a shade of Orange...it's alittle hard to tell from the pictures...maybe it's just my monitor settings. Either way nice ride.

9. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

yea looks like hugger orange, looks good

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice crisp truck! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

are you planing any mods to it yet? /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yea looks like hugger orange, looks good

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks bright red on my screen. Maybe my settings are /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif...

12. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Nice ride....
    Lovely state you live in.. my parents live in Surry near Ellsworth.. My wife and I were just up there last week.. man I miss that weather...
    80's during the day, 60's at night.. no humidity...
    Plus... Maine is a untapped resource for Chevy trucks.. saw plenty K20/K30's and Blazers up there..
    Good luck with your new ride..

13. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    something to keep me out of trouble

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fire engine red... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Nice rig /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. mattcorleone

mattcorleone Registered Member

Thanks for the complements guys. Yeah, it is bright red. The previous owner said it was a newer chevy truck red, but I need to call to get the actual color for touchups.
    As far as mods go, I've started asking around for a 14 bolt... found one with 4.56's in it for $125, have to go take a peek at it next week I hope unless it's sold first. That is the main thing I want to do... beef up the rear at least and regear. Debating on whether to hold out for a D44 for the front or just regear the front 10 bolt... have to changes to 8 lug though if I stay 10 bolt... probably just find a pair out of a 3/4 ton already 8 lug. Only thing that stinks is that I really like the ralley's on there. Did GM make them in 8 lug?

15. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice and clean , now go wheel the snot out of it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

looks good, but like paul said it needs a good floging /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... have to changes to 8 lug though if I stay 10 bolt...

[/ QUOTE ]

There used to be some one who made 8-lug to 6-lug adapters. This is good for many reasons:
    1) it allows you to keep your 6-lug wheels
    2) it matches the rearend's narrower track width to the front axle's track width (almost all GM truck rear axles are 3" narrower than the front)
    3) it's cheaper and
    4) it's easier

Now if i could just remeber who made them???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif