Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi LIft Jack, how to lift the front....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, Jun 2, 2000.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

OK, so I am not the most experienced driver. Wondering where most jack the front of their trucks up (or the side) with a Hi-Lift. The rear hitch mount seems to work good for the rear but the rest is what I am wondering about..

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have used the bumper hook assesorie sold buy HighLift on my stock bumper but now that I have a winch bumper I just lift under that...

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Bone,

For the front, I position my HiLift jack in the middle of the front bumper and jack it up. Then I put Jack stands underneath on the front axles or frame for stableness. If it aint directly in the middle, then the jack might start to lean. Learned that from experience.
    Boss

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

On that note about leaning I bought a ConFerr base plate for my HighLift and now that narrow base is no more and I can use the jack at an angel and it still stays standing!!
    I even used it in a river bed on some rocks and I would recomend a bigger base plate to anyone using a highlift on the trail!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

5. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

I lifted mine tonight with the HiLift. I used the factory slots on the bottom of the bumper. It worked great!

Blazin' in Flagstaff

6. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

I always try to lift under the frame on the front. You can easily bend your bumper if you still have the thin stock chrome one. Be carefull because it doesn't take much to push the jack over no matter where your lifting from.

7. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I try to use under the frame on stock bumpers.If your changing a tire or just lifting it to get under easier,I would use a floor jack,much easier and safer.Just use jack stands when its up.I try to use the hilift for trail recoverys only.Makes a great winch.Once took three hilifts to get my old sub out of a deep rut 2 on the rear bumper and one for a winch.Brady