Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi-Lift Jacks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Nov 17, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to order one of these things and I thought I should ask before its too late. Will the 48 inch one be enough, or should I buy the 60 inch one??? My Blazer has a 4 inch lift and 33's so I think the smaller one would be good enough, but I'm not positive.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have the 48, I have not needed a longer one YET! Altho I have gotten the 48 almost maxed out. Sometmes I wonder if I should have gotten the 60 for that JUST IN CASE reason???
    OH and make sure you get the all cast one with the BLACK handle. The stamped steel and cast combo one with the RED handle failed on me. So I wasted 45 bucks on the bargain model. I hate buying things TWICE [​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

With a 4" lift and 33's, the 48" would be enough, but I would probably go with the 60 for safe measures. I am running a 6" lift and 35's and I know that I top out my Hi-Lift and wish I would have bought the 60"!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I concurr with both of them. And I also agree with Burt about getting the cast version instead 'cause mine just crapped out on me too. I know I've thought, "Whew, just made it!!" before because I didn't know if I was going to have to make a platform out of something on the trail before, go with the 60".

HTH,
    Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

'73 K5:
    Before you order one go by Tractor Supply, they have the 48" all cast ones for about $43 and they may be able to get the 60" ones as well. This is the best price by far that I've seen on them.

Cruisin in my '73.

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

hey burt, where did you get yours?

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

The 60" might be a little overkill but THATS what we're all about...ain't it? You can jack up out of the ruts and flop it sideways one end at a time but BE CAREFUL! Being stuck with a broken leg is worse than just being stuck!