Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi Lift mounting options

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Aug 14, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Where does everyone have their Hi Lift mounted? I am thinking about getting a set of the roll cage mounts and putting them on my bumpers and rolling with theat. Just curious to see where everybody has mounted theirs.

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I put mine behind my rear seat crossways. I have eyebolts along the bedrail that I attach it to.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I had my 60" mounted just inside the tailgate (pointing from taillight to taillight) on my old K10. I plan on mounting it the same way on my K5. Having it inside and out of the weather keeps the rust down and it's secure (from wandering eyes). Also, having it that close to the tailgate made it easy to reach without having to climb in the (muddy) truck.

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

When I went to 35's I was no longer able to use my spare tire carrier, so I attached my hi lift to it and it rests along the bench seat at the top. I got two old tube socks and doubled them up and put them over the end to keep anyone from banging there head on the hard metal. I would not recommend mounting outside the vehiclwe unless you only put it on there when you go wheelin'. You don't want that thing rustin up on you /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Do you have a cage?

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wish I had a cage. Was going to use the mounts to mount them to my rear stinger tire carrier. Would like to keep it on the outside due to the difficulty of getting to it. Might just put the mounts on the stinger and put it on when on a wheeling or recovery trip.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Mine is bolted to the floor right in front of the tailgate. There is a factory placed bolt near the tailgate that I removed. I ran a little longer bolt threw a hole in the mast of the hilift and ran it into that hole. That way you can't take it without unbolting it.

Harley

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I will be mounting mine to my cage or rear bumper... when I build them... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I mounted mine right below the front of the rear seat on the face of where the floor goes up to cargo level. Never had any problems or complaints from rear seat passengers.

10. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I don't know what the mounts you are talking about look like. Take some short peices of tubes and notch one end for welding to another tube, Weld a bolt to a washer and insert in the other end of the tube with the bolt sticking out and then you slide the hi lift over those bolts and wing nut it down. This works nice on a cage and maybe will work on your bumper. Just a suggestion for mounts cheap and easy. Maybe you already got something. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif