Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi-lift points

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, May 31, 2003.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

My truck has Smittybuilt 3" tube bumpers front and rear. I can easily put the hi-lift jack under my trailer hitch out back, but I have no real points up front to put it under. The bumper metal is about 3/16" thick, but I do not think it will hold the wieght of the truck. Suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Get one of the 'Cut-V' front bumpers. They have shackles built into them. Put the Hi-Lift thru the shackle loop & yer good to go. Up that is.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Another good place to use the high lift is any of the four wheels. Place it in the upper part of the rim and back the foot off maybe an inch out of plumb. Works great when you want to put rocks or something under the wheel.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Another good place to use the high lift is any of the four wheels. Place it in the upper part of the rim and back the foot off maybe an inch out of plumb. Works great when you want to put rocks or something under the wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I seen someone use a tow strap or maybe a custom strap that was hooked up around the tire and done the high-lift jack from a shackle like that?

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

carry a piece of wood with you. about 12" long, and maybe 2"x 4". put the wood between the jack and bumper, you might even cut out a groove the length of the board to fit on your bumper, that'll help keep it from slipping off of the bumper. the board will spread out the pressure on the bumper to help keep it from bending or dinging it.