Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi, my name is Henry, I owned a pinto wagon...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bablazer73, Oct 25, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Just lookin at the "how many" post and saw a few of us had pinto's. I am NOT ashamed! good cheap car. I had 2. 73 and a 76. Both wagons. Go on, Who else can openly admit it.

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

never owned a pinto, but my name's henry /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I never owned a pinto, my name isn't Henry, but my brother owned a pinto but his name isn't Henry either... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Some dude from an insurance company came to one of my classes in high school and told all the girls that they should go out with the guy in the pinto instead of the guy with the brand new mustang, cuz pinto man will have more money to spend on her instead of insurance /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i'm guessing he didnt get much play in high school /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I had a 73 Wagon /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It was given to me by my neighbor when I was 16 and no engine/tranny. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    But wouldn't you know it, in the hood where I grew up there was plenty of thievin goin on so I aquired a 5.0 eng/tranny set up off a 86 Mustang and a friends dad swapped it in for me on the condition that I give his son a ride to school indefinitely /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Duh!.. To make a long story short, We painted it bright yellow in auto shop and chopped off the entire top except for the windshield and YES! I would smoke Mustangs on a regular basis. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, and my name isn't Henry either.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Just lookin at the "how many" post and saw a few of us had pinto's. I am NOT ashamed! good cheap car. I had 2. 73 and a 76. Both wagons. Go on, Who else can openly admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already did admit it...had a 73 wagon. 2.0 litre and a 4 speed you had to 'hold' in reverse. I bought it for $120, and drove it for over a year, then soild for more than I paid for it. It was red, with a black interior and even had a decent stereo.

Had a couple or three Vega's too, none had the 4 cylinder though. Two had the 3.8 chev (229) and one had the 3.8 Buick (231)

The fun one had the 229 V-6, Saginaw 4 speed, posi rear, dropped 2 1/2" and Eagle GT's on the factory ralley rims. It was the 71 and the front end was very similar looking to the 70 1/2 Camaro. Not only was it just quick enough to have fun, it handled pretty good too. I used to be able to get it sideways hitting 3 rd gear at 5500 rpm (45 mph or so)

Rene

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey pintos are good cars. my friend circle tracks a pinto. not a wagon but still a pinto. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

No pinto's and i'm not a henry, but i did own a 74 mustangII /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    but i did own a 74 mustangII

[/ QUOTE ]

Same car, different emblems./forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hated the 74-78 Mustangs...for that exact reason.

Rene

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I actually rebuilt the motor in high school shop class /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif it has a german bosch V6, I even went all out and put a 4-71 blower with dual 600cfm holley's on it to boot /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I had a wagon once! Actually, a '76 Pontiac Grand Safari! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Man, that car would run! Had a 455 and 400 tranny. Would fly on the highways at 120 mph, easy. Yep, big heavy 4 door car, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Later I had a '74 Catalina with a 400 and 350 tranny. It was a little bit lighter and would still light up the tires on command. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Junked that car out because it developed a crack in one of the heads. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had an '82 Malibu Classic 4 door once. Had the smaller 2.5 (or something like that) V-6. Drove this car to work 40 miles away everyday. Junked the car out when a friend of mine "accidentally" broke the windshield with his boot. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I'm driving a '95 Grand Am with a 3.1 liter and also 4 door car for a daily driver. Motor went bad not too long ago and got another replacement for it. Damn good car. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Wife is driving a 2000 Grand Prix GTP. 39K on it and its once nice fast car. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Well, I got carried away talking about my Pontiacs! Guess they don't call me "The Poncho Man" for nothing! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I had a seventy-one with Red Line Oil stickers all over it.

I beat the [darn] out of the car, aired it out, wheeled it, in fact it would out wheel the 4x4s at school, I guess it was the no fear I had behind the wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifNever owned one but my dad owned two both wagons.He sold one of them to a guy that was about 450lbs. the car always looked like it was going to roll over. The guy ended up cutting the whole roof off of it.I also had a friend that had one and i think his name was Henry.lol /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm proud to say that I have never owned a f*rd product but I have owned a Chevette /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

16. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I have had two chevettes. Beat the s*** out of both and they came back for more. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my buddy has a yellow pinto with a 351 in it. Runs like crap but its still quick. Its in pieces now, body was shot. He wants to tub it and fix the body but hes spending money on his brand new Yamaha YFZ 450 and his Suzuki GSXR 600. No car just those two, ha.

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Later I had a '74 Catalina with a 400 and 350 tranny. It was a little bit lighter and would still light up the tires on command. Junked that car out because it developed a crack in one of the heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, Henry, I forgot the most important thing about this car to tell you when we had it years ago: the owner we bought the car from was named Henry! Yep, ever since we bought the car, we named the car Henry in memory of the old man! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

A chick I dated once had one.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A chick I dated once had one.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was her name Henry... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif