Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi Performance 700R-4

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Does anyone know of anyone here in town know of any GOOD shops that can build me a hipo 700R4? Mine is acting up and stock rebuilds have only been getting me 15-20K. (2 so far) So I figure a few extra $ for a hipo rebuild should be worth it. How much am I looking at price wise for just the rebuild and no R&R? How about warranty. Thanks

Harley

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Well bud I wish I knew of one. Dec of 2000 I spent $1800.00 on a Hi performance buid that has now taking a dump. I have decided too go with the Factory GM one It only runs $1244.00 and I get a 3 year 50,000 mile factory backed warranty. Thats just my 2 cents.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Harley, I have mine 4 sale. Its a GM certa tranny with a shift kit. It has 25K on it, and shifts great. I was trying to sell the whole unit with torque converter, t-case, adapter, and all for 850 obo, but I can part if you are interested. BTW my t-case was rebuilt 25K ago if you are interested in that as well.

Dan

Dan

4. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Harley,
    I had mine rebuilt by Ken's Transmision. He's specializes in rear wheel drive american cars/trucks for the last 30 yrs. He does all of the updates and I'm very happy with mine. Lots of towing a 4k lb boat and 4-wheeling. I have friends that swear by him. His shop is on bell between cave creek and 32nd st.and paid 900 installed. I would at least give him a call before going to the high performance shop and shelling out big bucks. I talked to many shops before picking Ken's.

Also, I don't know what he charges for a bench job.

good luck!
    Mike