Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi performance wiper motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CammoK5, Apr 20, 2003.

1. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Okay, anybody who's played in the mud before knows that the stock windshield wiper motor sometimes isnt powerfull enough to wipe the goo away, so you usualy end up having to wipe it off by hand or driving with your head out the window (I've had to do it both ways). I burned out the wiper motor in my friends K10 this morning while we were out playing around. While I'm paying to replace it, I figured I'd get him a stronger one if one exists. Does anybody know? This is for a 83 (or 84, not too sure) K10. Thanks yall.

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Get industrial sized saran wrap and make tear offs like motorcross racers use on their goggles. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Carry a few gallons of water around with you for cleaning off your windshield.

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I think FL84K5 is on the right track. Instead of trying to "power scrap" the mud off how about flushing it off. A couple more windshield washer pumps (or maybe an electric pump off an fuel injection system /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) with a big resevior might just do the trick /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Try using Rain-X. It helps prevent some of the scratching and even the dry stuff comes off a lot easier.

Brett

6. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Re: Hi performance wiper motor [Re:CammoK5]
    #726016 - 04/20/03 06:44 PM Edit Reply Quote

Try using Rain-X. It helps prevent some of the scratching and even the dry stuff comes off a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does help.....I don't use the wipers if I'm sportin' Big 'O Chunks ... figure yer just askin' for it...I also carry a long handle scraper/squeegee to remove the big chunky stuff, and I have a large squeeze bottle that shoots a pretty good stream... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Can ya tell I've bought a New wiper motor before?$... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Thanks for yalls replies.

Ya know, it's always the simple things. It's scary to think that I probably would have never thought to use some water or a scraper. I probably would have bought a new wiper motor and tried to soop it up /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Although it would be kinda cool to have a wiper motor with, oh lets say, about 50 lbs of torque /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

nah, replace the wipers blades with something sharp and metallic...gets dead bugs off too. It DOES however leave "traces" behind on the glass.

9. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

It's siping for your windshield.

10. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for yalls replies.

Ya know, it's always the simple things. It's scary to think that I probably would have never thought to use some water or a scraper. I probably would have bought a new wiper motor and tried to soop it up /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Although it would be kinda cool to have a wiper motor with, oh lets say, about 50 lbs of torque /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Use a starter motor, they got tons of torque /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif