Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hi pinion project,searching for others

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hi pinion, Oct 3, 2003.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

hi. I have currently purchased a d60 high pinion front and will soon get the rear.Its spring pearch is set for a 10 inch lift and its got 513s,non reverse ring gear(standard) installed and arb.Im searching for diffrent lift configurations for this application but cant decide which one!!I want to talk with others who have 1 ton HPs to find out what they did and used,and what they may have changed if they could do it all over again.1 TON HP GUYS, ARE YOU OUT THERE?????ps its going in a 85 blazer silverado 350 700r /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I don't know why you're going to use a high pinion in the rear with 10 inches of lift... A CV shaft would work fine with a normal axle and you wouldn't be running on the weak side of the gears. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif What kind of different lift "configurations" are you looking for? Different leaf springs? Changing to a link style suspension? AFAIK you would use the same parts that you would use with a regular front axle, just have the diff on the wrong side. I don't even know if the spring pads line up...