Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hi steer and moving axle forward

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Nov 11, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I seen a few post about people rubbing thier drag linsk when they do hi steer. My axle is moved forward and from what I found on it, thats when the rubbing starts.. My axle is forward about4-5" so I'm guessing hi steer is out of the question unless I run a flat pitman arm and a more then normal bent drag link. or as grant just said to me " run the arms backwards and mount an idler arm on the pass side frame rail then back to the drivers side."

???
    although reg crossover is cheaper (less arms,LOL)

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, the willys is a trailer'd rig right? why the heck are you gonna have a pitman arm? or a draglink? full hydro that sucker man!!! make things so much simpler... and you could put your tie rod whereever you want, including above/behind the diff with "backwards" steering arms... or maybe custom ones. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

It depends on the spring setup and the arms.... I'm using 52s up front and sky arms and have no rubing issues with the springs... Just the pitman arm! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif