Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hi steer behind the axle x-over done today!! :)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by denver75k5, Nov 15, 2003.

1. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I had an Itch this morning , I decided I wanted Behind the axle high steer, After hitting my ram , rockrod, and everything else , that was enough. So I had a full pack of smokes and a 18 pack of bud light and that was enough to get me motivated /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I started with my homebrewd hi steer arm made out of 1"x4" steel ,drilled it welded a cut cap in it and taperd the holes to fit my TRE's in ,, which took a while ,Grrr!!,, </drink beer.........put down beer, throw something\> But since I had already made an arm for my X-over , I just switched it to the drivers side in reverse and it worked fine. All & all it went pretty well (even mounting the hydro ram) except for the 60 arms, they where a pain to build with my primitive shop tools, but I flexed it a bit and it worked very well !!! happy , happy ,, joy,, joy!!!
    I was just twitterpated and had to share this with you all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i think the fact that it seems like you quoted the movie "bambi" when you said [ QUOTE ]
    twitterpated

[/ QUOTE ], that you indeed inhaled more than 18 beers while the project was completed..

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i had though about that the other day. i was sitting in traffic and saw a school bus with reverse steering. i wondered if it would work for you crossover guys. if it works thats awesome.

4. snobordboi

snobordboi Registered Member

great idea, i just moved to golden, let me come help ya work and learn more about these things, and ill take tons of pics with my digi cam, itll hold up to 1050 pics with my mem card so i think i can get a few good ones hehe. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. denver75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    that you indeed inhaled more than 18 beers while the project was completed..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I think just a 12 pack /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    let me come help ya work and learn more about these things

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ok with me , but I am in no way a master fabricator I just do what comes to mind and if it works , fine , if it doesent ,cuss a little and chuck it in the trash /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif But if you can stand a little beer drinking , sometimes throwing things, and a lot of grinder dust your welcome to come over /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

This would be a funny, drunken Tech Article if you took pics along the way......

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. denver75k5

Ya. I coud even write it in redneck form /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Like this one....

had an Itch this hyar mo'nin' , ah decided ah wanted Behind th' axle high steer, Af'er hittin' mah ram , rockrod, an' ev'rythin' else , thet was inough. So ah had a full pack of smokes an' a 18 pack of bud light an' thet was inough t'git me motivated ah started wif mah homebrewd howdy-doo steer arm made outta 1"x4" steel ,drilled it welded a lop cap in it an' taperd th' holes t'fit mah TRE's in ,, which took a spell ,Grrr! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!,, But on account o' ah had already made an arm fo' mah X-ovah , ah jest switched it t'th' drivahs side in revahse an' it wawked fine. All & all it went purdy fine (even mountin' th' hydro ram) 'cept fo' th' 60 arms, they whar a pain t'build wif mah primitive shop tools, but ah flexed it a bit an' it wawked mighty fine ! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide! happy , happy ,, joy,, joy! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide! ah was jest twitterpated an' had t'share this hyar wif yo' all

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Bambi and Ren & Stimpy in the same line of a post!

9. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Nah, I think just a 12 pack /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The other 6 would have been for the 2nd attempt of doing that set up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif