Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HI-STEER Tie Rod Length

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DPI, Aug 20, 2003.

1. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Can someone measure their tie rod on a hi steer D60. I am considering the NEW ORD hi-steer arms and trying to calculate the total cost of moving my tie rod. Also, will my existing Rockstomper drop drag link work with the ORD arms?

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help!

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Hi steer tie rods are a couple inches shorter than a standard tie rod so you should be able to have it cut and re-treaded with minimal hassle. Your draglink should also work, it's probably exactly what you need. You'll need to watch the end types, if you are using the draglink ends, the taper is different than the tie rod ends. I think most guys are using the tie rod ends so it probably isn't a problem.

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information Stephen. I am using tie rod ends for both my drag link and tie rod. BTW, I am currently using your 1 hole steering arm and it has worked great. You need to start a recycling project on the 1 holes! Maybe give a discount on the hi steers and for being repeat customers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the information Stephen. I am using tie rod ends for both my drag link and tie rod. BTW, I am currently using your 1 hole steering arm and it has worked great. You need to start a recycling project on the 1 holes! Maybe give a discount on the hi steers and for being repeat customers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll just wait right here for a prompt customer service type answer from Stephen.

Don't you know you can't return a half eaten box of Wheaties Boay? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ever since I have seen pics of the ORD Hi Steer arms, I've been "quivering like a Crack Wh*re"

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Fine, if you're all going to be this way about it.....

How about a free stud kit ($40.00 OEM kit) when you buy a pair of arms if you are a repeat D60 crossover customer? Everyone is going to need the extra studs so I think that would be a pretty good deal. We like repeat customers, so all you guys need to sell your trucks and start over, OK?

This should let you sell your one hole arm and upgrade to the new bi-hole (just made that one up) without losing much if any money.

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Wooo Hooo! You da Man Stephen! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll have to fool the wife into letting me go Bi and Ill be giving you a call. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Sounds GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD! Anybody want to buy a one hole arm so I can go bi too?[​IMG]

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This should let you sell your one hole arm and upgrade to the new bi-hole (just made that one up) without losing much if any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good GAWD Watson, what with this talk of reaming holes and making guys go BI, you can't stear clear of potential sig lines and law suits can you? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The tierod should be 49" long (using tierod ends), mine is 48" because I had it made for a centered hole hi-steer arm at the time but should be OK, with the new ORD hi-steer arms the tierod holes are placed outbound farther in atempts to get back some of the Akerman angle.