Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hide and Seek movie review

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Searched and didn't see anyone mention this movie.

Watched it tonight for the first time. From the ads and what not earlier before it came to theatres it looked kind of weird.

I really like Dakota Fannings acting, and same with Robert De Niro. Since I had the movie free (special cable box package) and had nothing else to do tonight I decided to watch it.

It is quite interesting. It's twisty and a bit confusing at the end though.

PLOT: (as taking from website, link below)

Hide and Seek revolves around a widower (Robert DeNiro) and his daughter (Dakota Fanning). They move to upstate and Emily (Fanning) soon creates an imaginary friend named Charlie...but this act takes an unexpected and terrifying turn, where her father and doctor (Famke Janssen) start to worry about Emily's gruesome habits.

I'd give it 4/5 starts because I thought the acting was very well done. I recommend seeing this if you enjoy "scary" movies. It wasn't too scary, but some people, like my mom, would be on the edge of there seats at times:haha:

For anyone who has seen it, and understands, please PM me I have a couple questions to clarfy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382077/

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

What parts didn't make sense to you, Steve? I don't think there's any reason to take it to PMs.

FWIW, the movie wasn't what I expected, that's for sure.

3. MuddQueenK5

MuddQueenK5 Registered Member

I saw this movie and honestly this was the first time ever I was considering asking for my money back in a theatre. If you ever saw "The Secret Window" starring Johnny Depp (who was also a widower) it's the SAME exact plot/ending. Very very sad...wasted my money at least the popcorn was ok.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

:confused:

Nope. Same concept maybe, but I sure don't remember a little girl being the principal character in "The Secret Window".

5. MuddQueenK5

MuddQueenK5 Registered Member

What I meant by same exact plot was both "main" characters were escaping in a house in the mountains away from society. Both had dead wives, and the ending was the same outcome. That's like saying Red Dragon and Man Hunter were not the same....when in fact they are

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

The secret window i thought was interesting.

What I don't get, Paul, is in the end the little girl is drawing a picture, and as her and the lady leave there new house after evrything is fixed it shows her, the lady, and a head on the shoulder of the little girl. What does that mean? I don't mean to ruin the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    But Charlie is Robert De Niro, so why does she draw a picture of who I think charlie is on the drawing? And for the whole movie, how did Robert de Niro end up being Charlie from the beginning? It doesn't make sense :o

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I was going to take it to Pm's so I don't ruin the whole movie for anyone. O h well.

Why wasn't it what you expected? Do you mean the ending or the actual movie?

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

The "two-faced" drawing hints at the girl having the same split-personality tendencies as De Niro and Charlie. FROM WHAT I KNOW: When people have split personalities, most of them go through a "switch," which could be going to sleep, or going into the office as De Niro did. When he was in the office, he was in his own little corner of his mind, while Charlie was in control of the body.