Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hiding Amps and such

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zcarczar, Apr 4, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Im looking for a possibily to hide my amp so i can take my top off and not fearim going to lose my amp, ive thought of making a box that bolts to the floor in front of the back seat cause i have the room right there, and i was thinking of making new side panels for the rear and making it so i can mount the amp and caps inside there so that it is hidden, currently i have it behind the drivers seat with a cardboard box over it so you cant see it unless you really look for it

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Under the rear seat. Pleanty of ventilation, and it's out of sight.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

It wont work under the rear seat because it lays flat against the floor

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

inside the panel would be a good spot, and you Blazer types have those cool panels that come off, I just have steel /forums/images/icons/cool.gif... The sub, I don't know.. Maybe bolt it to the floor back there or something, but I'm not sure if that would affect the sound or not...

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Stick it in the center consol.....that's where my amp is.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My back seat is raised above the floor. I can reach my arm under it, had to this afternoon to get my lighter after it rolled back there. Not sure how it is on the newer Blazers. I've got a old 76.

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Eric, do you have a stock console? because i have an aftermarket steel horse and i dont think mine will fit in there because it is huge, 12x16 if i am correct, but i had an idea about a lockable box in the back in front of the rear seat, but i am worried about it gettin tore up by back seat passengers, so i dont know im confused

8. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

get a f-up amp and mount it under your seat (front) then mount your other amp in the side. that way when some one tries to steal your amp, and they will they just one that that does not work.

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yep running the stock consol...

10. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

If you take the inner plastic box out of you glove box there's enough room to mount an amp behind the door. the wiring will be at a minimum, no long power wire running down the side of your rig, the RCA cables can be kept as short as possible lessing the chance of road noise. hook up a brushless 12vdc fan to create some air flow and it should be cool. and of course lock the glove box door. I have missed what kind of truck you have, if its a blazer with the passenger side seat that folds forward mount the amp to a board then mount the board to the bottom of the seat rails upside down, keeps the amp off the floor. you wouldnt see the amp til you tilted the seat forward.
    Just rambaling....
    Tony