Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

high angle 205 brake...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jul 18, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I can't find it on the page... can anyone give an est. on how far down on the page it is? (example: 1/2 way down) or something so I can look/read about it. Thanks

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

High Angle Driveline isn't in the market of building crap. Of course it works well. It's not cheap (over a grand when you buy the shaft and that at the same time, and you MUST be running his shaft to run the parking brake) but it does work well.

Jesse rocks. I can't say enough good things about the way his business is operated, and I wish more vendors were like he is.

4. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

im using it. i sheared the bracket off on the first one, jess took care of me, and now i have no problems. we think it was a metal defect. he said im the only one who has ever done it.

i have always prefered driveline brakes ever since my first military jeep (m38a1)

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

are you saying it needs a custom shaft built for it, or can I order it, then when I get money for dirveshafts, I can call him up and make me some?

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

his brake uses his flange for the rear CV shaft. you could probably put it on now but it would cost alot more in the long run.

7. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    his brake uses his flange for the rear CV shaft. you could probably put it on now but it would cost alot more in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I've got one. I love it!

The driveshaft was an upgrade I was going to do sometime anyways...so that wasn't a huge deal.

The brake was easy to mount and hook up the cable to (I hooked it up to one of the stock exhaust hangers with a small piece of angle iron with 2 holes drilled in it and one bolt).

It will hold my truck (trans in N) on just about as steep a hill as the tires will hold on.

I got the 11 o'clock position. It was the best place I could think of for the cable to hook up to...however I had floor clearance problems. You could either add a boly lift, or use some other clocking...I just jacked up the truck by the middle of the floor /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it cost more in the long run? I wouldn't be running it until I have enough money for both shafts... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. oilburner

oilburner Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    High Angle Driveline isn't in the market of building crap. Of course it works well. It's not cheap (over a grand when you buy the shaft and that at the same time, and you MUST be running his shaft to run the parking brake) but it does work well.

Jesse rocks. I can't say enough good things about the way his business is operated, and I wish more vendors were like he is.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have this EBrake setup installed in my CrewCab, and you DONT need to buy Jess's driveshaft to use it. He supplied me with the yoke for a 1350 ujoint, and I had a new shaft made locally with that yoke. I have had ZERO problems with Jess's parts, as they are real nice quality.
    OILBURNER /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay, when I get closer to actually buying it i'll shoot him a email and ask some questions... thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. oilburner

oilburner Registered Member

Better than Emailing him - shoot him a phone call 530-877-2875. He is a super nice guy and very helpful.
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I have it on my truck too and I agree that it's a great peice. The only thing that you should be aware of is that Jess provides absolutly NO means of hooking it up, you're on your own for that part.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How hard is it to hook up? Does it use the existing brake lever (emergancy brake) or how do I oopererate it? Thanks

15. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I ordered the e-brake with my Atlas and I have yet to run it so I have no opinion on how well it performs. To hook it up, my plan is to visit a local bone yard and rape the center console e-brake lever and adapt the cable to work on it. That way it is close by and easier to use while on the trail.

I have a question about how long the pads will hold up and do I have to buy replacements directly from him or can they be bought at the local auto parts store?

16. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Hooking up the cable on mine invloved the use of some angle iron, 2 different drill bits, and one bolt with nut and washers /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif I used one of the factory exhaust hangers to attach to. I then cut down the threaded rod on the end of the brake cable and hooked it up with a couple compression coil springs over the cable to make it return when released.

Then pads on mine seem to be holding up well...even with a friend of mine driving 2 blocks with it on /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif and all the mud I play in hasen't seemed to make any difference either.

17. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I guess I am the only one who doesnt care for the product. It was pretty expensive and didnt work too great. I talked to Jesse and he took it back. Seems everyone else likes them because he had it sold before he got to credit me back, haha.

[ QUOTE ]
    . It's not cheap (over a grand when you buy the shaft and that at the same time, and you MUST be running his shaft to run the parking brake) but it does work well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. You dont need his shaft, OR his flange if you already have one (mine wasnt from HAD). I remember there was 2 differrent sizes, cant remember if it was for the seal or the rotor. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Care to expand on what you didn't like about it?

19. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Care to expand on what you didn't like about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a while ago so I cant remember how exactly it was set up. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I think the biggest reason had to do with how tight the pads were on the rotor. There was tension on the pads (without the cable hooked up) and they were rubbing on the rotor, I actually wouldnt have known, but it sure stunk, really bad. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I tried to adjust it but then the caliper fell apart (because it was 2 pieces or so I think /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif). I think thats how it went. Basically, I never got it to work.