Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High Angle Driveline is here *pics*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Apr 6, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well my HAD is here in all its glory.

I know you guys have always talked about people and their customer service. Well let me say that I've had places that claim to have wonderful customer service give me less than optimal service in the past.

Jesse at High Angle has definitely hooked me up big time, and I'll explain how.

First off, when I ordered my shaft, Jesse spent nearly an hour on the phone with me making sure everything was correct. I specified that I wanted Spicer NON-greasable u joints.

Jesse ran out of non-greasables because they were on backorder and shipped my shaft with greasable joints. I called him up today and before I could even say that it was unacceptable, he said, "How soon do you need them? I just got 250 joints in and I'm sorry that they were back ordered and I didn't have them but they're yours for free."

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I felt bad accepting three free u joints that retail at about $30 each, so I told him to send me two of those new Spicer life series joints for my Dana 60 so I can throw those in when I put my locker in. He said, "That'd be all fine and dandy, but I've only got one. On second thought, I've got these two that I was going to use on my own truck and I was saving them, they're up here on the top shelf, let me make sure someone didn't use them. Yep here they are. I'll get more this week. How does, ($XX) each sound?"

I won't tell you what he sold them to me for but it was WELL below retail price (probably at or near his cost for them).

Without question this is the best customer service experience I have ever had. Not only is he giving me THREE free non-greasable joints for my front shaft because they were on back order, he sold me the two wheel joints that he was going to use on his own truck and at a serious discount!!!

I hardly doubt anybody can beat this for a customer service experience. Jesse is the man!!

And check out the pics, this shaft would have been a bargin at twice the price, this thing is BEASTLY!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/131952882mscowM

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

HAD driveline is the [darn]. He did the shafts for my dad's truck. 1410 CV's front and rear, totally beefy. Now I just need some money to order shafts for my truck.

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

hope the slip is long enough
    I need a new shaft after the shackle move
    way more travel then it has had before
    pulls it out with ease

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Tim, would you mind either posting or PM'ing me what you paid for that shaft including shipping? I'll be needing shafts one of these days and will definitely go with Jesse if I decide to buy new ones. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. FWP

FWP CRS

YUP Jess rocks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

What size wall thickness did you go with? Iv'e been turning threads in the rocks with mine, it's holding up nicely /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It's 2 1/2" .120" wall thickness.

I paid $603 total, but $60 of that is a core, so it's really $543, that includes the machine work, yoke, and core charge of $60 which is refundable. And of course CK5 discount.

Shaft $435
    Flange $25
    Core charge $60
    1410 yoke for D60 $65
    Shipping $18

Core is of course refundable.

Shaft is a 1350 CV with 2 1/4" .120 wall thickness tube. I could have gone heavier, even 3", but I was worried about exhaust clearance so I went with this. 1410 joint at the pinion of course for the angle (due to my long ass shackles and the fact that I refuse to run shims unless I absolutely have to). Long travel slip spline too.

I've been told the entire weight of the truck can be rested on this shaft without bending it or breaking the welds.

It's pretty nice, I can say that. Much better than Arizona Driveline's worthless crap that they call a driveshaft.

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been told the entire weight of the truck can be rested on this shaft without bending it or breaking the welds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Jess' shafts in my junk also.The cust service and product are both bad ass.

My rear shaft used to look just like yours till I tacoed it and had to have it retubed /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Almost 1/8" wall is not bullet proof by any means/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have Jess' shafts in my junk also

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a bad image /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I totally agree! Count me in the Jess fan club too.

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

I won't go into details (cause I don't want someone to try something to take advantage of a great guy) but Jess went way above and beyond what could be reasonably expected on something he was not responsible for, and when I *tried* to pay him for it, he refused. There are others that I love doing business with and who give great customer service, but there is none better than Jess (though Stephen has taken very good care of me too)...

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have Jess' shafts in my junk also

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a bad image /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Awwwww come awn,

There is a big difference between "junk" and "my ass" you seem to be refering to /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. scoutillac

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I also had a very positive experience with Jesse at HAD. I needed a rear driveshaft and he was recommended by fellow CK5ers, the price was fair and everything went smoothly. Its nice to actually talk to the owner who actually knows his stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. scoutillac

[ QUOTE ]
    And of course CK5 discount

[/ QUOTE ]
    How much is that? I'm getting closer and closer to joining for a year. I'm kind of wanting to get into the other forums, and reap some of the benifits of membership.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Call him and ask him how much the CK5 discount is.

I didn't shop price on the phone. I don't play that game. I told him what I wanted, gave him my credit card number, and told him to build it.

That's one thing I can't stand. If you want a quality product, you want it. I wanted a ball park but in the end I told him, just build it and send it.

I can tell you that I could have saved the cost of shipping, and only that, by going with a local shop. It wasn't worth it to me, and I'm more than happy with what I got as a result.

I would have still bought it if it was twice the price. Jesse's reputation is unquestionable, and the quality of his workmanship from what I've seen in just this shaft I recieved today is excellent. I have never been so happy with a purchase in my entire life.

Spening two week's pay on a driveshaft less than 3 feet long was difficult to do, but it's obvious that it's well worth it.

16. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

He got my business for the rear shaft, and probably going to replace the front also. Just need to find out if grinding down my stock cv is going to work well or not.....

Rear

[​IMG]

Compared to stock

[​IMG]

Mike

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    And of course CK5 discount

[/ QUOTE ]
    How much is that? I'm getting closer and closer to joining for a year. I'm kind of wanting to get into the other forums, and reap some of the benifits of membership.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have yet to make a purchase where a CK5 discount comes into play, but i will tell you that it is quite possibly the best $25 i have ever spent.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Grinding my front stock Saginaw CV worked well until I put the '60 in.

My pinion angle sucks and my only option was to increase the size of that joint there.

Not wanting to blow my stock CV apart I ended up going this route.

The stock CV will take quite a beating if you use non-greasable joints and don't bind it.

19. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

i got a HAD front shaft also, but mine wasnt the cool silver color urs is, mines black /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif and wasnt built to the length i wanted, jesse offered for me to send it back to get it shortened, but i was lacking time, and moving the axle foward needed to be done, so i ganed 1.5" of slip from doing that which was all i needed. one thing i did not expect was the problem i had by upgrading to the huge 1410 u joint at the 60. on compression from a jump, that juge flange destroyed my crossover pipe for my exhaust! but no damage to the shaft, overall, im very pleased with my shaft. a rear will be ordered once i win the giveaway! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

I'd have to agree that Jessee is the man. Quality product and a stand up guy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif