Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High Angle Drivetrain

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clubba68, Sep 24, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to have a new rear driveshaft with e-brake built in from High Angle Drivtrain. I have a 70 K5 that is going to have a 4-6" lift. Rough estimates or however much you paid for yours would be helpful. Do they sell a kit to add in line driveline e-brake without having to buy a complete shaft? I have tried emailing them with no response. If you have any other companies you know of who make them that would be great too.
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Give Jesse at High Angle Driveline a call. he will be able to answer you question better. High Angle Driveline /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

It'll run you about $900 with a 1350 CV and a 1350 joint for the rear axle. That's what mine ran anyways. If you durrently have a CV rear shaft then I think you can exchange your flange for his special one that's needed for the e-brake, but yours has to be a 1350 CV.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Any idea what that'd run in a non-cv shaft? I have no desire for a cv shaft in the rear.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think my setup was a bit under $800 a few years ago when I bought it. You get a discount if you are a paying member of CK5 (10%...so you will have payed for the membership and then some). RyanB and I both have HighAngle 1-ton cv's w/ e-brake. You can look in the 1st gen forum about the install. To make it a easy install you will either need a body lift (like RyanB has) or to "clearance" the floor like I did. The e-brake works assome!!! It will stop me (with the tranny in N) on any hill my tires will hold on. Mine and RyanB's are clocked in the 11-O'Clock position.

You can't get the e-brake without the 1-ton CV.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure that you have to run the CV to run the e-brake.