Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High Clearance headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Aug 30, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

The headers right now I have on my truck hit my front drive shaft. What brand of headers have the best clearance? What part # are they? Thanks in advance

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Have you asked Alan what headers he put on? Were they new or used. I did some checking and there is different part #s for 2wd and 4wd. I honestly never looked before. LOL! Mine have plenty of clearance but I havent got a clue what they are or the part #. Sorry.

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

He THINKS they are Hooker and swears they are for 4wd. I dont believe it. I didnt have to pay for them, so when I finish up mowing some land this weekend to make some extra money Im going to get correct ones. The truck WILL be able to go offroad before the end of Sept!

4. Pure Insanity

If they are Hookers chances are pretty good there will be a tag welded to one of the head pipes. Im yet to see any Hookers w/out the tag. At least you didnt have to pay for them.

If I were you Id try the zero rates to see if you clear any better. Save your money for something else. 2 sets of zero rates are like what 80-90 bucks vs. 150 for good headers. (and the possibility of having to redo the exhaust.)

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I ordered some zero rates tonight, so hopefully they will help. Im just afradi that when I flex the suspension, even with a lift, that it will still hit. Right now, I have maybe 3/4 of an inch. So the smallest change in the front causes it to catch really bad.

6. Pure Insanity

When we get yours and mine side by side Sunday we can compare how much difference there is.

I still havent gotten rid of those lift springs and rims yet. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Mines gonna look small sitting next to yours! What time do you want to meet up Sunday? [Edited for extremely bad typing. I hope nobody tried to read it]