Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High CO question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AllamericanK5, Sep 26, 2006.

1. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

ok soo jump threw all the hoops to get it all legal. Go to the place Oh we can put that on our dyno those tires are tooo big. So go home put some 31s on go back. Put it on test it well you go high CO readings. Ummm maybe cus your tring to make it go 60 with WOT. So I wire the secondaries closed soo lil du mass cant open them. Any ways I need to bring them down. Already leaned the carb idel circut. Plaied with the timing. Only other thing I can think of because of the gearing and them tring to make it turn a billion rpm thats why its rich. Im going to check the air pump tomarrow. Is there any thing else i could do? theres a brand new cat on it. Im just lost at this point.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

what octane gas did you use for the test? Were your HC close or pretty under the limit? Be carful leaning out carb to much it can cause it to be worse. How much timing advance are you running

3. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

I put in 87 im running at around 6 advaced. My HC were 3.67 and the limit is 6.000 My CO was 135.38 limit 55.0000 and that was the second time after leaning and timing adjustment

4. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

Check the egr as well