Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High end 4 channel amp

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kind of shopping around for a 4 channel amp. I'm thinking a 50 to 100 watt RMS per channel at 4 ohm. Any recomendations ??? Been looking at Soundstream, Orion, Hifonics, PHOENIX GOLD, and PRECISION POWER.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  2. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Same here, I've actually bid on a few older 5 channel Soundstreams in the last month or so. I'm too cheap though I guess :-)

I suggest you look for an older Sounstream amp, great crossover network and severly underrated power output. Be prepaired to pay though, anyone old enough to know is also looking for quality equipment in the sea of crap.

If your lookin for new high end and have some dough, check out the Clif Design amps being blown out over at Overstock.com, theres one multichannel amp I think along with a few monoblocks (one of those monoblocks would drive the hell outta that L7 of yours)

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't need a amp for the sub, my MMATS D200hc (Class D mono block) does just fine, I'm shopping around for something too drive the 4x6's in the doors and the 6x9's in the rear deck. Replacing the craptory speakers with Infinity Kappa's. I'd really like too find a MMATS SQ-4070 4 channel amp, but they're getting very hard too find.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  4. tuffdogstudio

Makes sense to keep it all in the family, I've heard great things about MMATS never personally had one though :(

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really like my MMATS amp, been making my sub(s) pound for years. I'm open too different name brands for the 4 main speakers as long as it's a high quality amp. I'm kind of leaning tords the HIFONICS ZEUS ZX6400. Been seeing them on Ebay (New in box) for around $150.00 for the 85 watts per channel RMS at 4 ohms. But I'm not in a big hurry at the momment. Just looking ahead for a Christmas gift for myself, LOL. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here's what CarDomain has too say on the amp I'm leaning tords.

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I haven't heard much about eather of these brands since Directed Electronics bought them out after they went into Chapter 11.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Didn't know that.

9. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Look at Planet Audio or Memphis Audio, they make very nice high end clean sounding amps.

10. tuffdogstudio

Personally... I think if I were you, I would stick with your plan of finding the 4 channel MMATS. If not that, find a nice used older version of one of those brands... back when quality made in the USA amps were around.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If I can find a MMATS SQ-4070 for under $200.00, I'll jump on it, if not, I'll probley get a HIFONICS ZEUS ZX6400. But like I said, no big rush right now.