Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

high lift location

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Jays Beast, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Ok here is where I mounted my high lift. It is a 60"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] there ya go Muddytaz /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

great idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I like it, did you just lay it down under the seat or is it fixed in any way?

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I like the idea too but thats where my scatterguns hide /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I keep mine under the front seat.....pistol grip, 18.5" side by side /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

It is attach, with bolts anchored to the floor and then through the Ibeam of the jack with a nut and washer on top, if you look in the secound pic you can see the nut and washer just past the body of the jack. The scatter gun should be with in easy reach not under your rear seat. Like between the console and the seat /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I did the same thing with mine. Ran two bolts up through the floor. Seams to work really well.

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Cool, cause thats where I've decided to mount mine.....getting real tired of tossing it around in the back when loading and unloading stuff /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I I also removed the seat portion of my middle seat. Then, when I leaned the upright portion forward, I tie-strapped it down bolting eye-bolts to the uprights from the floor. I then also mounted a few other things (coleman refridgerator) on the back of the upright & tied everything down. The space (because of removed seat portion) between this and my front seat now housed my tool boz, first aid back-pack, tow straps, clevis', etc. By doing this, the only this behind the 3rd seat was my spare tire. This took all of the excess weight from behind the rear tire & moved it to the middle of the body.

Part of the reason I could do this is my kids prefered riding in the 3rd seat and my dogs (2 labs) layed on the floor between my kids and the "stuff".

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I modified a truck tool box to fit in my burb in the back.

Tool Box

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I remember when you did that. I actually looked at buying one and found some used in the paper. Since I'm selling my Burb, I might do something like that when I build my next toy. Seems to be good to keep everything out of the way. Ialso seem to recall Watson had some type of tool box on his rig that I liked, just not sure where exactly he got it (if he didn't build it) & how $$ it was.

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

define "modified" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Where's the "hoe-to" post?

sheesh... us Noobie burb owners rely on you old timer burb owners for this kinda stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    define "modified" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Where's the "hoe-to" post?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a standard pickup over the wheel well tool box that I took a /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif to the bottom and made it shorter in height. The length is perfect. Now I don't think it will work for people that have a 3rd seat as the 3rd seats arm rest i believe got over the wheel well a bit and the tool box actually sticks out over the edge of the wheel well by little over an inch.

Hows that for the long version of the HOW-TO ryan /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I detect a note of sarcasm there. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Either way you "old timers" are the bomb on info for these rigs /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Wait a second I've had my burb for 8 years now, do I qualify as an oldtimer?

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wait a second I've had my burb for 8 years now, do I qualify as old?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm yeah, you do qualify as old /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I'm looking into getting some rollout drawers like on a craftsman toolbox, and mounting them at the rear of the sub, with a false floor that extends all the way to the second seat. parts will live under the false floor, along with stereo/amplifier equipment, and the 3rd seat may bolt on top of that if I feel the need for such an object. My truck was equipped with a late model tumble-forward 3rd row seat,which is somewhat convenient.

Of course, this is all dependant on the damn thing ever running for more than a week at a time, and me not getting tired of it, and selling it.

17. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

ROFL draggon. For all you scattergun guys, member I'm only 17 and if I get caught with it I'm in deep enough crap already without it being within arm's reach /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I like the toolbox thing. Thats the sweet things about burbs, we have all kinds of cool places to hide things /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. mudsub

mudsub Newbie

I think I fall into the ol'timer burb group but it isn't because I've had the truck long....
    Since I'm running 38X16 M/T Claws on my 94 and the factory spare was just taking up space...I mounted an 8 drawer craftsman toolbox there. So far it seems to work well...wrenches rattle a bit but it keeps everything in reach.