Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High-perf forum, idea.

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Twiz, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I would really like to see CK5 get an "edge", something to show we're not mall-running posers. Somehting a bit more hard-core than the norm. It's allready here, to a point, but getts lost in the shuffle. It would be nice to put it out front, where everyone can see. (in a forum)

Stuff like: ORD Blazer (I.E. updated pics), The UAW Blazer (I.E. rear-bumper), Something with Grimm digging a hole, and the new-guy, Greg72 (his ORD front springs post). I know, Greg has done alot of work to his '72, and I've missed most of it.
    Details on the leading-group of rigs, and some write-ups and up-dates.

Then,
    open it up to "hard-core" discusions like: custom suspensions, cage work, cut-diffs, convert to FI, ect.. But keep it highly-moderated, cut the B.S. as much as possible. (I know, it would be tuff, but- as much as possible, keep the B.S. out.) This would keep the forum fresh, something to look at everyweek, if not every day. But at the same time, not take away from the questions that are asked on the rest of the forums.

It might be an excelent opportunity to make it a "member's only" reply thing, a perk for being Orange. This might help to get some people motivated, as-well-as, keeping it "self-regulated". As you know, I'm sure, The users can have a impact on how a forum is used, but the guid-lines need to be set, and started.

Sorry for the long post..It something I'd really like to see happen. I hope ome others would too.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Great Idea.
    add body swaps to the list too/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sounds great!

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I wonder if we should get rid of the "Garage" and just start the "tech library" for the good stuff, that way people can still use the 73-91 as soet of the main forum, seems everyone is still useing it that way anyway.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The Garage kinda seems like the Main Forum in some ways.... cuz there's still chit chat in there (Main Forum) but now there's tech in the Garage!