Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High Pressure Washer Pump?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Nov 7, 2000.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Any of you guys have any non-stock windshield washer pumps? You know the factory ones (at least the early models like mine [​IMG]) don't really pump the water out, I have used parts off an Astro van to at least route the water with a hose up the wiper arm into a spray head, but a higher pressure pump would be nice. My wife's Safari puts out a serious shower of water nonstop..........hmm, wonder if she would notice it missing.

Any ideas or have you guys done something already?

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i got one out of the bone yard out of some car cant remember what it was but has an electric moter built into the reasivore. i just disconected my stock one and wired in the new one works great 4 me and only cost $5 hope this helps. see you on the trails soon:)

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

My washer pump didn't work in the first place so I got on off a 1988 Grand Am. This is the pump that mounted to the side of the plastic tank. I simply kept the Blazer tank and put the pump inline with the rubber hoses and wired the two wires to Blazers wiper motor. This way I have a good stream of water and it was an easy install.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Hey man, Wal-Mart sells universal washer pumps for like $8 brand new. They are electric and you splice two wires and it's good. Not sure about high-vol, but it is enough volume to make me look for a bigger resevoit because it keeps emptying mine out. Or maybe I'm just used to 1-gallon resevoirs on newer vehicles.
    -- Mike

BTW, if you go to Wally World, look in the auto section by the wiper blades - the pump will be there somewhere along with replacement washer hose.