Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

high steer arms for 44 or 10 bolt

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 8, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

looking for the high steer arms (pair) for a 10 bolt or 44. was going to do regular x-over but decided high steer would be better. thanks
    Chris

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

got a internet address? or email that i can get ahold of him? thanks

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Does he make D60 stuff too? Kinda interested if I cant get something else.

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

hey thanks harvey, i was wondering when i was going to see an addy!!! 1 more to bookmark /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

cool, now in your opinion do you think highsteer will be good for street use too, i have heard some negatives about highsteer, like stuff breakin because of too much stress? what do you think?

7. I haven't really thought about it, but if you have to put blocks on the knuckle to make it over the springs then it's not cool and I won't do it. My experience with steering blocks is not good. I was pulling out of a parking spot when my studs went. One snapped, one bent/snapped, and the other stripped all of the threads from it. Now if it is just the arms with no blocks then no problems that I see. If you are looking at more highway then off-road then go with regular ole crossover. No need in high steer unless you hits the rocks alot or DEEPPPPPPP Mud with the occasional Oh crap rocks and other things in the holes !!

8. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well i was going to go with regular x-over but the knuckles i got are for the top mount tie rod, and my stock tie rod rubs the leaf springs, so i know that the rock rod is definitly gonna rub, i know i can put heim joints/sperical rod ends on it but for some reason i want to keep it kinda stock, i dont really know how hard the heim joints are to find, i guess if they are realitivly(sp?) easy to get at a parts store them i might go with that. what is your advice or experience with heim joints?

9. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status