Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High Steer but not cross over?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jk5blazer, Nov 20, 2005.

1. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

Has anyone one done this, can it be done? I feel I've searched pretty hard and cant find anything on just doing hi steer. I dont see the need for cross over, I will be doing hydro-assist. I have a 84' d60 up front welded with 39.5 swampers. Just want to move the tie-rod up and not pay alot for the whole kit. Thanks Josh

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

umm you won't be able to do that... To do high steer requires replacing both steering arms. How would you possibly use the factory steering style without having its steering arm there?

Hydro assist without crossover has also been discussed and most say its not a good idea. If you flex out the suspension and try to steer the drag link is angled and won't steer fully, but the ram will try to keep steering. Which leads to bind and well, bad things.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

why on earth would you not want to do crossover? unless you doing full hydro in that case its obvious. crossover is alot more important then highsteer..., it actually allows you to turn, and greatly reduces turing radius from stock