Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High steer input needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrlr, Feb 25, 2007.

1. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I am going to be ordering a histeer kit for my '89 jimmy this week. I put a D60 in it so thats what itll be for. Anyway, I wanna hear from those of you who have a kit, or experience with one. I have looked at the northwest fab, ORD, and sky off road kits. I have only seen them on their websites though so I need input on which kit is the strongest, highest quality, best features, and ease of install (if there is any difference between them?). Also, are there any kits that I am missing? And which one is the most cost effective? Also, I am running 4" springs up front, anyone think ill have clearance issues with the front crossmember? I plan on swithching to 52's but probably not till this summer. Thanks for any input, this is not a cheap upgrade so I want to make sure I make an educated purchase!

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm running the ORD HighSteer setup.....photos in my .sig link

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I had clearance problems with the stock crossmember. Then after I moved the axle forward, I had clearance problems between the tie rod and the springs. I ended up getting rid of the highsteer and went back to the lower tierod, and put a ram on it.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Add WFO Concepts to your list. Excellent customer service, excellent steering arms.

j

5. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Leper- What kit did you have?

Is it easier to fit a ram with the tie rod in its normal location, or is it a horse a piece? I plan on doing hydro assist very soon as well.

6. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I run ORD crossover, good stuff. It is easier to mount hydro assist to the plain tie rod location, but highsteer assist can be done by making a bracket ontop of the axle to mount the assist onto level with the tierod.

How i have my ram mounted-
    [​IMG]