Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

High swr

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by trailblazer87, Jul 22, 2002.

1. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I need suggestions on getting my SWR below where it is now. It sits at 3 or above. I know that this is not good. I am running a 102" ant. with 18' of rg-58 co-ax. on my Uniden PC76XL which has been fitted with an internal modulator. What do I need to shorten or lengthen? How would you recommend running my co-ax.? I am running a rear bumper mount, is this a problem? I can always move the ant. to the top. Thanks.

2. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Make sure you have a good ground. I had to add a heavy spring to mine to get the SWRs down so you may try that before cutting anything. 18 ft of cable and a 102 whip was 3. added the spring and it dropped to 1.5 .

3. trailblazer87

I've got that little chrome coil spring under the antenna. Its on an aluminum angle mount bolted to the bumper.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You might want to try a iron or steel mount. I'd use atleast 2 bolts and to the frame of the truck . /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. trailblazer87

My roll cage is coming in soon so I will just mount it up top, should help.