Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

high tec retreading

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by d coenen, Sep 18, 2005.

1. d coenen

d coenen Registered Member

has anyone baught the d-mud tires from them size 35 or 37? do you like them? i want a really good mud tire but dont want to waist my money if they arent anygood in the mud. that is all i use my blazer for is the mud. so if anyone have or had any any info on them would help. thanks

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

if you air down to like 5psi, I would say probably not. but if you dont air down that much, I would think it would be fine.

I ordered a set of 5 285/75R16's (33") On Goodyear MTR carcasses. Could be a cople weeks for them.

3. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

I orderd a set of 315-75-16's (35"s) on the 6th, the guy I talked to said that they would ship that day and that I would see them some time last week.
    Gota call 'em in the morning and find out what's up, caus I have no tires yet :(

4. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

They said that they shiped on the 8th, they are the D-Mud (looks like a Dunlap mudrover, what I used before) so I should get 'em this week. I will let U know ASAP how they do in the mud if it's not to late for ya :o

5. Burbs

Burbs Registered Member

I had them on my '99 Cherokee. They worked great! They have a soft compound so they wear out fast (good traction though)...but not any faster than a swamper would.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I have a set and like them, but I haven't tried them at low air yet. They make a 35 that is normal and a 35 that is actually 35", so it's like a compromise between a radial 35 and a radial 37.

I had great experience with their service. I ordered and they shipped the next day. My spare had a leak and when I called, they shipped out a new one the same day, no questions asked.

I have some pictures of some different ones I've been meaning to post, but I haven't gotten to it yet. There have been several posts about these guys, though. They make their tires on various brands of carcasses, though. You can request which ones you get, although that could delay the order.