Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

highangle driveline?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Feb 3, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ive looked at his site and the CK5 write up but can't find a price. Whats the price for a CV shaft for np208 connected to a 14bff or d60? thanks!

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

you have to call "The Man"

3. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Not sure on the high angle driveline price but I had mine done at a shop here in town. I happen to know the guy that runs it but he got me a good deal and the price was like 225. That is all one ton stuff on a 208, not sure what yoke is on the 14 bolt but it is stock out of an 86 1 ton. That price was an all new driveline. He traded out the labor so you would be looking at labor on top of that.
    It worked great, I'm running a 4 in lift and didn't have to space the T-case down at all on my K5.

Dave Cowley

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I do know from talking with him the other day, the standard CV shaft with 1350 joints is $495 a shaft (front or rear). But don't quote me on it. Call him if you want a fer sure price.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you have to ask, you're prolly not in the market. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif i think i spent between $1000-1200 on my 2 HAD shafts. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

j

6. Suburbanite

Suburbanite Registered Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Poster: jekbrown
    i think i spent between $1000-1200 on my 2 HAD shafts.

[/ QUOTE ]

For that kind of money I think I'd rather spend a bit more &amp; just go with portal axles. The March issue of 4-Wheel &amp; Off-Road has an article on Volvo portal axles. About $1500 for basic setup. According to the article, currently only being offered by the Off Road General Store in Laguna Hills, CA. I don't know if there's a website -- try Yahoo! search. There's info &amp; pic of a very baaaad-looking Volvo XC conversion /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.