Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Highback buckets in regcab...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eclipse, Jul 18, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Will highback bucket seats fit in a regular cab? I've never been to fond of bucket seats in a regular cab, but I love the highbacks I have in my 89 suburban and I want to put some in my 84 cab thats going on my 77 K20. Has anyone done this?

I've seen some car bucket seats in regular cabs and haven't liked them. My cousin put seats out of a grand am in his 74 and he fits fine (hes 5ft10)... I'm 6ft4 and its too tight.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I think it's done fairly regularly. No one's mentioned it being a problem that I recall. Here are mine. Not in a cab but probably similar dimensions:

[​IMG]

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Should fit without a problem, they were a factory option back in the late 70's.
    Jimbo

4. skykrawler

skykrawler Registered Member

that is bad ass

5. skykrawler

skykrawler Registered Member

what are some good cheap seats to fit in a full size blazer, the ones I have I sit way to high. Have any suggestion?

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I've heard of guys using seats out of anything from Hondas to Tahoes - the biggest issue is what, if anything, needs to be altered for the stock brackets to fit. Sorry I don't recall any specifics on what seats work - may be good to do a search for seats.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I put some Toyota Previa buckets in my 77 longbed along with the seatbelts, pretty easy but you need to make your own seat brackets. I got them for 20.00 so it was worth the effort. These buckets will fit with fold-up arm rests on each side. Let me know if you want a picture.

8. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

I had some Eclipse buckets in my 91 blazer when I still had it. The bolt holes are the same width but are a longer base than the blazer factory seat holes. Here is a pic of one of the seats.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/uao1985/mytruckprogress011.jpg
    I dont have any pics of them mounted, but have made several sets of brackets for different people wanting buckets in their blazers. They are really nice, and even have lumbar support. I had the manual versions though.

Remington

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

They were an option all the way through 87. I've never seen them in anything but shortbox trucks though. Most were manuals.

I used two sets of bench seat sliders and two sets of K5 driver seat brackets to build my seat setup. I put high back K5 seats in the truck.

One of the nice things about "building my own" brackets was it allowed me to set the height and distance for the driver's seat perfectly and put the passenger seat where it made the most sense to me for cargo/people carrying. I made it so the passenger seat can't go all the way back to the window so I could put a .50 cal ammo can behind the seat and not rub. I also bumped it up 1.25". The driver's seat is about .25" below a bench seat at the front edge and the passenger seat is up about 1.5". The rake is the same as a bench seat so the back edge of the headrest is vertical. I keep the seat 1 click from all the way back.

I've got short legs compared to my overall height. It allowed me to take advantage of the firmer buckets so my head is up high into the "cavernous" cab so I can see better (and make it so I don't need sun visors).

[​IMG]