Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Highway geared 1 tons, who was looking for them?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Diesel Dan, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

A while back someone was looking for the tallest geared dana 60 they could find. I just bought a '90 dodge 250 with the Cummins/727 auto/np205. It has 3.07 geared axles, 60/61 front, 70/71 rear.

Planned new powertrain for the suburban! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

It was probably me. Was looking at gearing alternatives on my crewcab before I bought my diesel Burb.

3.07's eh? That'd be pretty good on the highway, and good on the trail too if it had an extra transfer case /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That would be a very slick powertrain in your Burb. How much did it cost? Just curious cuz that's what I'd like for my crewcab /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I was looking
    I think your front is a 61 but if it is a 60 please lemme know

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Cool, how many miles?

5. Diesel Dan

Truck has 165K, listed for $3500, got it for slightly less.
    It was sold as a wreck. Hit in the LH front, fender crunched, door good, hood dinged, no lights broke. Drove it 1hr home, not that bad of a wreck I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

It has a clear title, I could just put a fender on it and pull the core support a little and it would look perfect, no dents elseware. Little rough inside, was a farm truck apparently.

I'm gonna check the axles today. I think it's a 61 as well, would prefer a 3.73 or 4.10 gear however.

6. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You stole that thing, Its too good to part. Thats my problem - I can never buy parts trucks - I always try to put them back on the street.

7. Diesel Dan

Mark,
    That's my problem right now. I thinking about driving it the way it is. Talking about installing a removable rollcage in the bed and mounting a pair of bench seats for the sand dunes. Juice the crap out of the cummins and make a sand truck/pull truck and maybe drag truck.