Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hill 4 Wheel Drive Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Nov 21, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Has anyone dealt with these guys before (Hill 4-Wheel Drive). I order their Extended Front Shackles for my 71 Blazer on Oct 17 and now it's Nov 20 and still no parts. I have my BDS 4" suspenion in the garage waiting for these parts and starting to get mad. Is this normal for them.

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I ordered mine about the same time & kept getting excuses 1 more week he kept saying every week. Finally I told him I need them by saturday & if he couldn't do that then just refund my money. He pulled some strings did what he said he couldn't do & overnited them & I had them on last friday. The bad news is he was kind enough to not ask but bill $34 shipping to my credit card. I will never do bussiness with these people again & I don't think we should be advertising for these A#!*%#@!. They won't even credit me back for my shipping! Nothing like waiting for 6 weeks for parts that they say you will have next week. Well Good Luck!!!

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Man, that sucks, I didn't have any problems but they knew I was doing a review.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

4. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

It took 3 weeks to get my shackles in. When i got them one of them was drilled like i wanted, with 1/2" bolt holes. But the other was not so i had to drill them out myself. i was pissed about that.

http://k5junkie.coloradok5.com/

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I can't understand why there should be a 6 week wait for those shackles, I built a set at work (slow night) in about an hour. Thats without an ironworker, or jigs or precut steel.
    I can understand a wait for something like a soft top but not a simple piece like shackles.
    As for charging you the extra for shipping, thats just plain crap! If they were going to charge extra on your card they should have asked you first!

Rene

[​IMG]

6. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Called today and talked to Chris. He said after 5 min. of holding on the phone that my parts were at the powder booth and would be shipped wednesday. I won't hold my breath. It's been 4weeks and 4 days from order date. We'll see.

7. carbon79

carbon79 Newbie

ordered a body lift from them and got it UPS in 4 Days, ordered a set of shackles and they took 10 days; not sure why or if that's normal; parts all worked though.

8. 88glassbed

88glassbed Registered Member

gassman, tRustyK5: my sincere apologies for the inconvenience; we did experience a hang-up with powder coating that delayed one batch of shackles: all current orders have been shipped and you will be compensated.

moneypit: what's up?! flaming is one thing, but you know that post is not true. We are a small business, and always make ourselves easily available to customers. I have never received even one single email from you, but after comparing stories I must say you stretched the truth quite a bit for the sake of the impact value of your post. A little communication goes a long way; if you are still that dissatisfied, please email, lets talk.

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Brennan
    Nice to see a shop here careing enough to respond to customer concerns, I wish more would do that. Hopefully everything will work out so everyone is happy.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Brennan,

Your apology is unnecessary (to me anyways [​IMG]). I haven't had any problems with your company at all! I built my own extended front shackles [​IMG]. I'm glad to see you cared enough to respond and clear up any misunderstandings though!

Rene

[​IMG]

11. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Thank's for responing to my post. I don't like to complain because I work with the general public too and it can be really hard to please them. I live in snow country and don't have a garage big enough to put the blazer in so i have to work on it outside. SUCK'S with snow on the ground. Just was getting tired of waiting. I understand. Tell Chris thank's too