Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hill shackles and 4" springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 18, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hill shackles and 4\" springs

And I correct in thinking this will be like 5 5/8" lift up front? I started thinking about a 3/4 eliptical setup in the rear today(almost definetally happening), then I started thinking that 6" springs just wouldn't be flexy enough up front to match the rear so would Tough Country 4"s with the hill shackle be a good way to get like 5.5" lift? I have 2.5 degree shims laying around for the front axle.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: hill shackles and 4\" springs

If the shackles are 3" over stock then they will give you about 1.5" extra lift, but it will be at the expense of your pinion angle.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah well I read Steve's review of them and he was saying 1 5/8" and they are 2" longer than stock, oh but I see now why, cause the shims added height too. Works for me. I'm looking for 5-6" in the front.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I thought the extra 5/8" came from the heigth of the sping pads on the d60 axle??

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

yep jeremy you are right.for every inch of extra shackle you only get a half inch of lift.so with the hill shackles up front whick are 2 inches longer you will get an inch of lift.the extra 5/8 was form the dana 60 axle tube thickness compared to the dana 44 or 10 bolt.