Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hillary Clinton gives speech, advocates breaking US laws and gets standing ovation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jul 18, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

From The Morning Call -- July 18, 2005

Clinton speaks before Hispanic civil rights conference

The Morning Call

Speaking to the nations' largest Hispanic civil rights organization, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., received a standing ovation Monday when she vowed her support for legislation that would allow illegal immigrant high school students to attend college.

Clinton made her remarks on various issues of importance to the country's Latinos at the annual conference of National Council of La Raza, attended by 23,000 people at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.

The event started Friday and has included a rally in center Philadelphia in support of the so-called DREAM Act that would benefit illegal students.

On Tuesday, the chairpersons of both the Republican and Democratic national committees are schedule to address the conference, which NCLR officials say is a first for the organization and a sign that both parties have heightened their interest in the growing Latino population and its votes.

Read more in Tuesday's Morning Call.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Army medic shot by insurgent sniper, survives, shoots sniper

Family of soldier shot by sniper, proud and relieved

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Watch Video on Windows Media​

Being shot at by a sniper is a weekly occurrence for many U.S. soldiers stationed in Iraq.

But the experience Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, of Mendon, New York, had in Baghdad on June 2 was highly unusual.

During a routine patrol in Baghdad, Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was videotaped by the insurgents.

Tschiderer, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he wasn’t killed, thanks to the protective body armor he was wearing. “I knew I was hit,” said Tschiderer, “but was uncertain of the damage or location of the hit. The only thing going through my mind was to take cover and locate the sniper’s position."

After a few seconds, Tschiderer jumped to his feet, shot back, then took cover and located the sniper.
    The U.S. Army has released footage of the incident that shows Tschiderer, 21, being shot in the chest by a sniper, then getting away.
    His mother, Debbie Tschidere, has had a chance to view the tape, after first getting an e-mail from her son. In the e-mail, Pfc Stephen wrote, “Treating the man who shot me didn't really sink in until afterwards. At the time, I just did my job and didn't really think about it too much."
    After she saw the tape, she told a local television station that she just couldn’t believe her son got up. She says learning he went on to capture the shooter and render first aid tells the world what she already knows, that her son is a top-notch soldier, "And to me that shows incredible strength of character that we're incredibly proud of," said Debbie Tschiderer.
    After being shot and calling for help, other soldiers from Tschiderer’s unit joined him and together they tracked down the wounded sniper by following the blood trail he left as he and another attacker fled the scene.

The sniper was handcuffed and given medical aid by the very man he had tried to kill, Tschiderer.

Tschiderer is with E Troop, 101st “Saber” Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=102632

Oops, supposed to be a new post. Screw it, I'm tired. Two fer Tuesday I guess!

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow. That's a damn good mindset our boys have over there, and a heckuva strong will. Hopefully the sniper will get life in prison if he doesn't choke on bacon. I think no matter how much good he gets from us, he'll still probably go back out, pick up a gun, and try to shoot another one.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Good will in recipricol, but I doubt from-the-cradle militants can be swayed

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

yup.. well, this is what we get when wars are fought in front of TV cameras. our soldiers ought to stick with rescuing dogs or little kids over there.. at least they'll be grateful and not try to kill their benefactors at a later date if they get the chance.

Doing stupid things like this in the name of honor and charity is what will prolong this conflict. One day we'll learn that we can't do anything that will make our enemies like us. Should've let him die in the rathole he came from. one less mouth to feed, one less detainee for the democrats to cry about, and one less person who will strap bombs to little kids to get their point across.

Tom

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

<<Speaking to the nations' largest Hispanic civil rights organization, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., received a standing ovation Monday when she vowed her support for legislation that would allow illegal immigrant high school students to attend college>>

Typical nonsense from the democrats. tell the illegals to their face they deserve everything free, but yell at bush for not doing enough to curb illegal immigration. I can't believe anyone takes this broad seriously.

Tom