Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hill's 4wheel shackles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Sep 19, 2000.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hill\'s 4wheel shackles

I'm thinking bout gettin them. Question is. It's a stock blazer, and I still run my Hard top... So how much higher do you think the front end will be than the rear? Any easy fixes to level it out (besides a soft top [​IMG]).

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

2. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Re: Hill\'s 4wheel shackles

The shackle is 2" longer right?This would give about an 1" lift.But you will need to shim the pinion back up to the original angle,your else you will get binding in the joints.Stock chevy's can handle up to a 1" longer shackle then you need to check angles.As far as matching the rear you could put a block in.Or depending on how much you need to lift the rear ot match the front you could take an old over load spring and cut down so it is like 4" long.Take apart the rear leave pack and put this in the bottom and pin it back together.This will give you about a 1/2" lift.But again check the angles.You may need to shimm the rear too.Brady