Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hillsdale, Wyoming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So last night I was cruising around wasting the last 1/8 tank of gas that I had before filling my tank, something that's turning into a tradition these days... I went West on I-80 after stopping by work to drop some stuff off for dry cleaning, the time was about 12:15.

I went past Sinclair, past Sapp Brothers, and took the exit for the Travel Center of America about 15 miles out of Cheyenne. Went past the travel center because I wanted to find Hillsdale. I saw the sign for it and had never been there, so off I went on my adventure... About 5 miles down the service road, there was another sign saying Hillsdale with an arrow pointing north. I turned North onto the next road and went.

This road was quite eerie... Out in the middle of nowhere, there were no lights but my own, the pavement was cracking, the weeds on the sides of the road were a good 3 feet tall, and it was just a road of massive hills. I wondered if I'd ever find this town, because there were no more signs or anything. But I kept going. Finally, I had to make a sharp right turn, and there in front of me was Hillsdale, Wyoming.

Not quite what I expected it to be. I went down Main Street, which is the only paved road in town, until I got to the edge of town about 45 seconds later. There, I saw what looked like a general store type place on the left, all boarded up and run down. I turned right, by the fire station which was a little shack with a huge CB antenna coming out, and a red pickup. I kept going, went by the church. That was the second-largest building in town, and by far the nicest looking. Services at 10 AM if y'all are interested. I kept going to the end of that road until I got to 3rd street, on the south edge of town. I was forced to turn right, and down a block was the post office. I just had to see this, so I pulled into the parking lot of 3 spaces and got out. The post office was a bit larger than the fire station, about the size of a medium-sized 2 car garage. Outside the post office, there were 2 rusty 55-gallon drums with smoke pouring out, smelled like a giant can of insence burning... Went in the post office and stood there for about 5 seconds and left. the floor was squeaky, and the actual place where the general public does their stuff is about the size of my parent's bathroom, but a little smaller.

I got back in my truck and went back down 3rd street for another block before getting to the West end of town. I turned right onto Carbon Street or something like that, and saw a huge brick building. I assume it was the school or something to that effect, since it had the shape of one. I hope it wasn't being used for a school, there were old beat up pickups on the lawn, a couple sattelite dishes, and it just looked like it was maybe apartments or something.

I saw about 5 houses that were actual houses, the other 20 or less houses were all run-down trailers... No grass in this town. The trailer park I live in is probably a good 20 times larger than this town. I didn't see a population sign, but I'm sure it can't be more than 100 if even that. That's not including all the houses in the outlying area though, just in the town itself.

That was some weird shiznit. Like the kind of town where strange things happen similar to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

Color Coded:
    light blue - road to get to the town, turns into main street
    green dot - general store
    big red square - fire station (not to scale)
    yellow circle - post office
    orange "L" - school
    dark green lines - I remember seeing trailers in these spots that aren't in the picture...

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

At least now we know why the suicide rate is so high in Wyoming... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm depressed just reading that...

Speaking of I-80... I take that through PA sometimes. I love 80. Funny hearing someone across the country talk about it.

6. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Same here... I live not 20 min from the other end of it... But NYC seems to be slightly different than that town... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm depressed just reading that...

Speaking of I-80... I take that through PA sometimes. I love 80. Funny hearing someone across the country talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ] I used to live right off I-80. Now I'm right off I-90.

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

We've got some towns like that around here. Populations like 30 people or so. Most of the people are real nice though when I've gone through them.