Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HILTI parts, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by mike reeh, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

looking for a "fastener guide" for a hilti dx-350... OEM or aftermarket, i dont care.. hilti store here wants over 80 bucks for one... would rather not pay that much... just thought Id ask!

mike

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

what do you need that for?
    i dont think mine came with one, but god is it friggen handy, espesely with the threaded studs :bow:

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

well the dx-350 is a powder actuated fastener gun, we use it to shoot stainless steel pins (nails) into concrete to secure walls or other pieces of wood... someone (me?) dry fired it one day and the driver (piston) went thru this other peice, called (by hilti) the fastener guide.. it split it up pretty bad.. so i need just that one replacement peice... im not paying 80 bucks for one from hilti.. i can get the gun used on ebay for about 100 bucks.. so...

mike

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i know what the gun is(i own one) i though the fastener guide you speek of to be some sort of manual or book on the gun, this is way i was why you needed a book to tell you how to use it.

i have seen them used on ebay for even less then a 100 bucks, check it out maybe get one for a deal and have extra parts.

if you do i could use the triger pivot pin, mine has a screw instead of it. :doah:

5. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hilti is a pretty decent product but damn you pay an extra 30 - 40% for them. Not worth it!