Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hippies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Oct 23, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Well, I went to Estes Park EARLY this morning to get some good pics and was on my way home. About noon I roll through The People's Republic of Boulder and lo and behold! Hippies are on each corner in the center of town with signs.... "W : worst president ever" "How many troops per gallon?" etc. Well, of course I can't contain myself, so what do I do? Oh yeah, catch the red light and pull over near the lady with the worst president ever sign. She eyes my Texas plates, keeps looking around. With my loudest, deepest voice I shout "4 more years! W, yeah!!! *bleepin* hippies!" I though the lady was going to poo herself. She got all freaked out when I started yelling, like ducking for cover! :haha: Caught the "troops per gallon" guy. Just yelled "If we went for oil, why's it MORE expensive, *expletive*" :rolleyes:

Took me about 10 minutes after driving back to settle down. I can't stand how hating W is now an "in" thing to do. You ask some of these kids who hate bush about something VERY basic, say like, "Where's Iran on a map?" and they can't even tell where it is...but of course, they have a valuable opinion on our president. And to make it better...what was I in? Oh yeah, the big red Burb with the W sticker on the back... :D

Sorry, had to vent...

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Thier brains are clouded from all that pot they smoke. They have no idea what it's all about.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Looks like you're great at respecting differences! Good job ol' chap!

Your post reminded me of this one customer I had a couple days ago...

I ran out of receipt paper and had to refill the printer with more paper. Took maybe 30 seconds...and I'm not an idiot I can do it without "figuring it out" every time. Anyways, I finish, look up at the guy, and he's bright red. I figure, ok, he's mad (but about me?) Well turns out...yes. He was mumbling under his breath the whole order (about how he was in a rush) and when I said "Have a nice day!" -sarcasticially of course bc he was being a dick. he FREAKED OUT, started yelling "YEA! I 'll have a great F-ing day thanks to you! Jesus christ!" and storms out of the store :haha:

Some people just need someone to vent at and I don't respect people who chose the random stranger bc it's easier :crazy:

Anyways, just how I don't think a grocery store is the right place to start yelling at the top of your lungs bc you're frustrated...I don't think a street corner is a great place to start yelling at hippies bc they have a different opinion and they're holding up signs.

Oh and this is not a "pro-hippie" post so don't turn it into that...I have enough people coming through with dreadlocks and greatful dead t-shirts and paying with foodstamps to have my own opinion about them...

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Your rant reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker:

"Think fast, Hippie!!!!!!!"

:rotfl: :rotfl:

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, simply put, everyone is entitled to thier opinion. Unfortunately, some peoples' opinions are just plain wrong......:D

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I argee it's fine too have yourown opinion, but when the hippies spout off the same Liberal Democraphead chit, with nothing too back it up, then it's just shear ignorence. Blood for oli ??? Yeah, we're really over there too take oil. We ship it in daily so we can pay less at the pumps every fill up. :rolleyes: :deal: :rolleyes: :thinking: :whistle: :whistle:

7. 89GMCSuburban

Ehhehehe, I need to put that on my front bumper!!!!! :haha:

[​IMG] :eek1:

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oh My God

There were ****ing hippies at the RockShow I went to...

NEVER CIRCLE PIT WITH HIPPIES, THEY SMELL.... BAD

9. 89GMCSuburban

Umm, so I should get out of the truck and yell at them next time? :what:

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one...and I can state it any place I'd like...including a street corner.....just how they are doing. I'm not violating their free speech rights. They can do whatever they want to do...I just have the right to say whatever I want to say. If they don't like it or can't handle it, they shouldn't do it in public in the first place. There's an upside and a downside to voicing political opinion in public, and you have to accept both....and if you don't like the fact that the street corner was the spot that both me and the hippies voiced our political opinions? Sounds like that is your problem. If you would like to set up a meeting with these people at a nice round table at a convention center so the hippies and I can have a polite debate on the day's issues, set it up, I'll go....but till then, respect MY right to say whatever I want to say...regardless where it is.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'd say its time to equip your rig with a CB with the PA option, then install the PA under the hood. that way you wont have to yell next time. less work, same outcome. :D

11. 89GMCSuburban

Nah, man....can't do it! Cause I won't be respecting their opinion...because you know, respecting someone elses opinion...means saying nothing bad about it....even if it's got more holes than a dead Iraqi insurgent... :haha:

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

PA speaker behind the grill facing forward. :waytogo:

13. B_to_C

Sheesh, never said you were stepping on any RIGHTS :rolleyes: . I love my rights, same as most other people. Oh wait...here it is:
    My point

And I believe it's vital to question peoples opinions on whatever subject that has sides, not just politics. BUT...yelling doesn't get things done most of the time ;) *EDIT* ...And niether does holding signs :wink1:

14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

So at the next meet and greet I should not wear my tie-dye hemp T or bring you flowers for your golden hair. :D

Nick's a good guy, can't think of many people better to wheel with. I think he was simply relating his experience with being yelled at.

By the way Nick, how's the flatbed working?

15. B_to_C

[HIJACK MODE]

Flate bed is working awesome Jiminy! The expanded steel worked out great yesterday whe I had to strap down my spare core support to it with a ratchet strap...no need for tie-down points, just "hook n' go" :D I also get some really great looks driving around all-day. The most often heard question by me in the last few weeks..."Is that a pickup?....err, did you shorten the wheelbase?" :haha:

[/HIJACK MODE]

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yer darn right it's the in thing to do... Forget Iran. Just stop and ask them WHY they hate Bush. Most will just tell you something completely vague, like "He's the worst president we've ever had" or "He's ruining the economy" or "he got us in this war for oil", but not ONE of them would be able to back up their reason or cite an action the president took that wasn't approved by congress and had an immediate detrimental effect on the country.

None of them probably have half a clue that the economy started to tank before W, and 9/11 was a major blow to it. My kooky neighbor hates Bush so much he joined an Iraqi Freedom Veterans against the war club, and he doesn't even have a military record... Truth comes second, let's first trash things we don't like...

I think half of it is that he doesn't have an "appease everyone" attitude.

17. 89GMCSuburban

But...they wouldn't have heard me if I lightly spoke my opinion....

We all have our thoughts. You were yelled at for no reason. These people weren't. That's the difference.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Maybe you could've gotten a sign that says "They're not from around here" and gone to stand near them...

19. 89GMCSuburban

That's the problem....they ARE from here. If I were back in Texas I could do that....but I am ever glad I left that state.

20. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Somebody around here has the sig from Mark Twain:

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress... But I repeat myself."