Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

History repeats itself?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntsqd, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Always has, always will. People are too stupid to learn from history.

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

This is similar babble to the crap that Bush is Hitler and is going to take over the country by proclaiming himself supreme dictator and then rule the world with his terrible war machine....it's total crap.

I must be a stupid American, because I don't believe terrorists should have rights in this country. These people are not usually aligned with any government, and so the Geneva convention is out the window. No formal declaration of war has been handed, so the law is moot. These people who say that our rights have been taken away, they're correct...they can't talk to a terrorist on the phone in another country and work out ways to organize a bombing in this country...they can't give the same terrorist money to fund the bombing....and they can't start organizing these things without going to jail. It's funny because in every day life, I have seen nothing change with me. I can still say whatever I want wherever I want, go wherever I want on a whim, earn as much money as I want...and not have a problem with the law. These free speech fart knockers that say their rights are taken way seem to not realize...they can still yell and bitch as loud and as hard as they want...more so, even directly in our elected officials' faces. You are still in America, and you can still do anything you want (provided it's nothing illegal)...but if you want to bitch because now you can't fund terrorists...you need to move to another country...preferably...the next one that dicks with us.:usaflag:

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

hmm... yeah what he said.

You still got those obscenely large bumpers on your burb? :)

5. 89GMCSuburban

My elk catchers?? Of course!!!:D

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

So when are you gonna come to Kansas? :deal:

7. 89GMCSuburban

Dunno...I should run out there, though. Let me see how the PTO situation goes at work, eh? :wink1:

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

My take on this is the "Slippery Slope", not what's missing right now. People are complacent if you change things just a little bit at a time. It's only when you try to make large changes that they get riled up and shoot you.
    So tomorrow I'm outlawing "****" and all of it's derivatives from all net forums. then in a couple months I'm going to outlaw "WTF". See where this goes? As I read it, that is the point, not that I disagree with your point in any way shape or form.
    It's that price of Freedom being eternal vigilence thing.

9. 89GMCSuburban

You're trying to say that it's like boiling a frog...but there's a lapse there. People are going to know something is up when you start changing things for people that are NOT terrorists...not to mention no matter how evil anybody thinks Bush is, he holds nothing to gain by hurting our every day liberties. The argument is flat out retarded and holds no water.

If they are caught plotting attacks that kill people in the name of a religion or something else...especially when it's in the name of hurting my country...they deserve not one right.

If you can explain to me what exactly you think his next step would be on his psycho Hitler rights yanking...I'd like to know...because the right of assembly and freedom of press was yanked right after the Reichstag fire, and as far as I see, the American Reichstag fire (as many left wing nutjobs believe) was 5 years ago, and as I see, people can still burn American flags and wave pictures of Bush with a swatstika on his head and the press can print whatever they want.......

America is great, and no matter how many kool-aid drinkers there may be out there...nobody is stupid enough to give up their OWN rights. My opinion? The last thing we should be concerned with are the terrorists' rights.