Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hit 109 degrees here yesterday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The A/C ran all day and barely made a dent. In an incredible example of rectal cranial inversion, I decided I needed to move a bunch of big rocks in the backyard out of the way to get ready for the pool dig. Most were basketball size but some required me to break out a fridge dolly. Sometimes you just get those urges to get things done and logic takes a back seat. Today we go to the county fair to overpay for rides and K-Tel/Ronco type crap that we will never use. I should force the kids to go see all the 4H animal displays like my parents used to do. Last year the missus insisted that I win her a big stuffed animal. So, I sat at one of those squirt gun horse race things and repeatedly beat all the little kids until $50 later she had a $5 stuffed animal that ended up in the garbage in a month. After all the "if looks could kill" stares from the parents of the kids that I blew off in the weeds, I won't do that again. At least the ice cold fresh lemonade is good, as are the corn dogs. And as an extra bonus I get to see the joys of lifelong meth use displayed at every other booth with the carnies begging people to come waste their money like a Ritalin deficient kid on a Jolt Cola with a Red Bull chaser binge. The only saving grace is that it will be hot again, and that means lots of eye candy.....

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mmmmmmmmmm...corn dogs and eye candy! :bow: :bow: :bow:

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, the fair is pretty much a rip off. My wife and I go but we do it on the cheap. My mom has a table to sell stuff there so we get parking for free and we also get admission for free. The fairgrounds are very close to my pad, so it doesn't cost us an arm/leg in gas to drive there. Honestly, we could ride our bikes to it if we really wanted too. When we go in, we don't play games... and we don't go on rides. Basically, we wander around and look at all the cool animals, fire truck displays, the monster trucks, the cops armored car (on 48" Michelin tires no less!), pot-bellied pig race, horse show, the art stuff and the junk-for-sale booths.

At some point in the day we take a break to get food. We save $ here too... we don't get an entire meal, just something to hold us over.. and we share a drink. All told, we prolly spend $20, sometimes not even that. Anyone who goes to the fair with a bunch of kids, plays games and goes on rides knows this is the cheapest fair date of all time. :grin: We have a good time though, and thats all that really matters. :thumb:

j

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Cam told me you guys get some hot ass temps around there. When I showed up to pick up the CC, I just about died, and he claimed that it wasn't even hot that day. We don't EVER hit 109' here.........

FYI, yesterday was perfectly comfortable 72', with a light westerly breeze.

5. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

109 is awfully toasty. buuuut id much rather be at 100+ than below 50.

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My temperature of choice is about 60-65'. Of course, I work outside in coveralls so that might have something to do with it........

Summer temps at my property in BC can get into the low 90s, but out there it's okay. There is an awesome lake with some great beaches about 5 minutes from my place. For some reason, I don't mind the heat when I'm 6 feet from the water.:rotfl:

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I can't wait until the temps never get above 60. I hate heat. I hate summer. But then again, I've always lived in places where summers sucked.................

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

80 and 80, temp and humidity. Not a bad day at all for June.

9. Desert Rat

It's only 85 now and will only hit a balmy 95 in a bit. I'll have to remember my sunscreen this time so my nose doesn't end up looking like a pepperoni pizza. I hope I can keep the missus from buying the 50 gallon drum of pink "this will clean everything in the world, saves dolphins, and you can eat it too" soap again. I'll have to find the English Toffee booth too.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

If it never got above or below 50 degrees again I would be just happy. Oh and keep this focking humidity as well:crazy:

11. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

rat... I sympathsize with you... it was 111 here.. and we will see 115 over the weekend.. the inside of the shop was over 100... I was swaeting so much putting a set of hard bags on my scoot I gave up.. the poor dogs.. were running the swamp cooler for them in the dhop but its still over 100... we have to wet them down every hour...

and it friggin snows here sometimes in the winter... thats a almost 100 degree temperature differential... crazy

I cant imagine combat in this... but the boys do it everyday...
    man have I gotten soft as I have aged

12. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Damn, 110 degrees in central california. That is hot for that part of the country. It is about 115 degrees, here in Las Vegas, which is close to normal around here for this time of year.

13. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

even the wally mart pool is looking pretty good right about now...
    the only time I miss my boat is when its hot like this... I would go up to where the rivers pour into Lake Shasta... they are still cold from snow melt.. and live in the water... but without a boat they are unaccessible...
    hmmm... maybe with a klr 650...
    Im just about ready to buy one.. momma gave the ok

14. Desert Rat

Just got back. We get to the car in the parking lot, and it reads 113 degrees. Of course that has come down a bit and we are now in the mid nineties. We also didn't make it out of the fair again without some kind of cheap crap and not to make this year an exception I am now the proud owner of a "As seen on TV" "Miracle Chopper". The missus says she will make home made salsa all the time. I predict that it will either break in a week, or never be seen again. I also have a pounding headache from the Jose Cuervo strawberry magaritas. I should know better than to drink that syrupy booze and should've stuck with my drink of choice, jack and Coke. Oh, and the eye candy was spectacular....

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Low 80's here, bit of a breeze off the pacific...just about perfect. :D

Rene

16. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:waytogo:

17. Desert Rat

Be still my beating heart, she actually made fresh salsa with this new cutter. Of course the whole house stinks to high heaven now and I can't get within four feet of her breath, but it actually got used. I'm speechless........well, almost.............

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

19. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

um.....

worthless.gif

20. Desert Rat

You can't shoot pics with the missus next to you and the cel phone camera sucks...