Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hit an RTI ramp in PI tonite.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I was at my buddies shop after work and decided to hit the ramp. Ive never been on a ramp before so he spotted me and told me what to do. Its a 23* ramp, anyone wanna guess what PI did?

819! Surprised the heck outta me and everyone that was there. 11 iches of lift and 38s, I think they were envisioning a 4 somethin. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I made 3 runs at it, 1st time in 2wd, not knowing to lock it in, and still did pretty good, locked it in and hit it again to measure. 3rd time was just for the sake of pics. I actually did better when we didnt measure it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif When we measured it I wasnt into the fender yet, when it was for pics, I got ALL up in the fender and removed some tread. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif When I backed down I could feel/hear the fender grabbing the tire.

Oh and this was on dirt so I dug a hole trying to edge it up the ramp when I was topping out. I woulda done better if the ramp was on pavement and didnt dig a hole. Ill try it again I guess when the rear is welded.

I know an 819 may not be much to some of yall, but this was cool to me never having done it before.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool that is not a bad score at all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif by the way a hummer only ramps about 380 to 410 on a 23* /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pics

4. Pure Insanity

WOW thats all? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I assumed theyd do better than that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I cant wait to see the pics. Best Ive seen of PI twisted up is on my webshots and I was WAY beyond that tonite. In those pics I still had the front bar and wasnt even close to the fender yet. Now I have no bar and 2 more inches of clearance, and I was in the fenders.

I wish I hadnt dug that hole when I was in 2wd, it cost me later, and I had my wheels turned to the left some so it wasnt an EXACT measurement of how far it went.

Next time Ill do better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Pure Insanity

I didnt plan to do it so I didnt have my camera w/ me. the guy that took the pics is good about getting them up fast so Ill have some soon. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif