Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hit and Run. I need help.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nate87k5, Aug 7, 2000.

1. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

I no this didnt happen to my K5 but it did happen to my second vehicle(toyota camry). Friday night the wife and I went to a movie and came out to find that our car had been hit really bad while park on the front driver side bumper and the person who hit it didnt leave any information. Luckily there was a witness to what happened and they got the license plate # of the vehicle. The problem that I am having is that my insurance company said that it would take several weeks before they could get the information on that vehicle. I tried the Motor Vehicle Divsion and they said that they could not give me any information regarding the vehicle. So I am wondering if any of you know any way of getting information on a vehicle with just the license plate #. I dont want to contact this person. I just want their insurance information. Thanks for any help.

2. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

There are several people advertising on the web that they can find a person from a license plate number. Try running a search under "DMV records" you should find someone. It's up to you if you trust them to do what they say, good luck.

3. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Got a Cop for a friend? have him run the numbers for ya!

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>

4. Nate87k5

State trooper lives two houses down from me. He told me to do the MVD thing first. I have a buddy of mine that is checking with his buddy who is with the FBI. I will try the DMV thing on the internet. Thanks

5. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Couldn't you just call the cops, and say somebody hit your vehicle and drove off. And that there was a witness and you have their plate #. Have the police deal with that person.

6. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

Your best bet is to file a police report and usually with the plate number they will get the person's information and you can get a copy of the report in a few days and it will have their ins information on it so you can file a claim. Had it happen to my car once. Didn't really take that long. Besides their ins usually pays quick to avoid a lawsuit involving them. Good luck.

www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    www.rocko.coloradok5.com

7. Nate87k5

Police will not not make a report because it was on private property, there were no injuries, and the damage was less than 5000.

8. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

You could always hire a hit man!!!
    hehe, just kiddin
    -
    -
    _
    WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!!

[​IMG]

9. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

So if i shoot somebody on private property, they won't do anything about that either? Cool, i think thats a load, they probably just don't want to do the paperwork, can't say i blame them too much, thats a lot of paperwork, but seriously, i was under the immpression that if the damage was over $500, you were supposed to tell the Police and DMV. Whats up with that?

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Nate
    Arizona probably has something similar to what we do in Colorado. Go to the police station in the town it occurred in or call them. Here we call it a counter report. It is simply a citizen reporting an accident. All the information is filled out by you. You can talk to an officer and see if they would be willing to run the plate and contact the owner and get the information you need. I will warn you that in some cases unless a ticket was issued some insurance companies dont want to pay. Good luck.

11. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well here in GA its highly illegal to hit and run and we authorty figures really really frown highly upon it. Especially when your wife was a victem of one about a month ago in rush hour traffic and nobody stopped or got any info. Wife was to busy trying to stay on the road with the back door flapping.

Call the police and have them make a report, they take witness statments and do all the paperwork including finding said a$$hole.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

12. Nate87k5

Well, Just to upadate you guys I found out who the vehicle belongs to. Got address, phone#, make and year of vehicle, date of birth, and their kids name. Dont ask how I got it. Gave that information to my insurance company and they are going to call them and take care of the problem. I would call the jerk myself but dont think I would be able to contain myself to talk to them in a civil manner. Thanks for all the input. Hope you caught the guy Dep.

P.S. I also called the MVD and they are suppose to send me an accident report form. If the vehicle doesnt have insurance they will suspend the licence and if they get pulled over here in AZ the Officer has to remove the Licence plates from the vehicle right then and there.

13. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

procede to the closest RMV customer service...
    you want a vehicle inquiry form... fill out the form as best you can vehicle make plate etc...
    the RMV will then run your request...

they have to it this is public information...

you should then get a print out with the reg info / driver
    name / driver # as well as addresss / D.O.B.
    as well as insurance carrier....

Did you file an incident report as of yet???