Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hit and run?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jun 5, 2001.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

About a week ago i was hit in the rear of my K5, and it f-uo my tallgate. To fix it the shop told me that it would be about 1100 to fix it. I have full coverage on my 1991 K5 and want to know it I can go to my insureance Co. and have them take off the $500 ded. and pay me $600? If i do this do i have to fix it? can i fix it? can I just pocket the money? Is that not what Full corvage is for? I was thinking that i would by a good shape tailgate and a new rear tire carer with the $600. Is that OK? any one know?

2. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yeah, you are correct. As long as you are not making payments on your truck and have clear title, you can just file a claim with your insurance, get an estimate from them and they should issue you a check for your damages less your deductible. Good luck though as the estimate your insurance writes may be considerably less than the estimate you already have. If it was a hit and run and you carry "uninsured motorist" coverage you can file an uninsured motorist claim. That deductible should be less (probably about 250). That is how it works here in Texas, your state's laws may be different. And yes, you CAN pocket the money and do as you wish with it. If you have any other questions, just feel free to ask (I'm an insurance adjuster).

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info, I called my insurace and they told me that they can cut me a check for the difference. Thanks